Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

281 - 289 of 289 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,374 Posts
I'm not sure if you have a question here but 2016 was Apple Car Play only. Android was added in 2017.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure if you have a question here but 2016 was Apple Car Play only. Android was added in 2017.
This is the first I'm reading about this. It seems like there are several people in this thread with MY 2016 vehicles that have had success adding both Car Play and Android Auto.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is the first I'm reading about this. It seems like there are several people in this thread with MY 2016 vehicles that have had success adding both Car Play and Android Auto.
I was able to update mine, MY 2016 to include both CarPlay and Android Auto. The activator I have, enabled CarPlay when I first used it but not Android Auto. I then had my HMI updated to Dec 17 and used the activator again and it gave me both AA and CP. It is possible!

Mine's an English version though, so may be different if you're elsewhere in the world.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,374 Posts
Yes, to my knowledge the update to 2017 needs to be done.

FWIW, we picked up one of the first 2017 cars in Sindelfingen (European delivery) and when the trainers introduced the car to us they didn't realize Android Auto was available. I ended up showing them how it worked after they insisted it wasn't an option yet. It took a couple different phones to find one that would couple and I still don't find it easy to use. In fact I don't use the option at all since I grab audio off the satellite and prefer the phone's interface for Waze.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was able to update mine, MY 2016 to include both CarPlay and Android Auto. The activator I have, enabled CarPlay when I first used it but not Android Auto. I then had my HMI updated to Dec 17 and used the activator again and it gave me both AA and CP. It is possible!

Mine's an English version though, so may be different if you're elsewhere in the world.

Can you show me the model of activator that you used? I have Dec 17 and the little activator I used did not work.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you show me the model of activator that you used? I have Dec 17 and the little activator I used did not work.
Thanks
I can't offer you much but these two pictures. I bought it off eBay but I can't seem to find any details from the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the code 520 and two USB ports (one with the image of a tablet or something like that). My build date is March of 2016. I THINK my issue now is that my HMI version is too new. 12/2017. I believe if the dealer had updated my radio to 11/2017, my OBD2 device would work, but I'm not 100% certain.

Thanks,
Jeff
This is my ODB2

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have one of those readers from china (same bleu one posted above). If anyone wants to borrow it, you are welcome to. Just need to send me a shipping label and promise to ship it back to me when you are done.

FYI -- it did NOT work with my MY2016, build date of 10/15 GLA

281 - 289 of 289 Posts