Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

301 - 305 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Based on your VIN decoding with 16U included you should have already had Carplay installed I think. You wouldn’t need to even use those activators...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Based on your VIN decoding with 16U included you should have already had Carplay installed I think. You wouldn’t need to even use those activators...
I'm not really sure why any of that is on my VIN decode, I definitely did not pay for that option and it was not on my window sticker. A couple of years ago, I tried paying the dealer to add it and they said it was not an option for them to add it because I did not have the comand audio system....I can't explain it....

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
MY2016 German brands in the US did not have CarPlay/Android capability from the factory, I presume due to an Apple/Google licensing delay.

For Audi it is now an available update (at $500) provided you have the Technology package and again I presume MB is similar in requiring the Comand option for their firmware installation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone with a 2018-2020 GLA250 (showing 15U in their VIN look-up info) successfully activated Carplay? Someone had posted a link to Amazon.de saying they had been successful, but the link is no longer active.

From reading these various threads, it seems only 2015-2017 have had success after experimentation. Thank you for the teamwork and lending of research knowledge.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
I'm not really sure why any of that is on my VIN decode, I definitely did not pay for that option and it was not on my window sticker. A couple of years ago, I tried paying the dealer to add it and they said it was not an option for them to add it because I did not have the comand audio system....I can't explain it....

Did you see this option? Also try to use the original USB cable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

301 - 305 of 305 Posts