Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out the white halogen fog lights with yellow HELLA H11 YL Xtreme Yellow Bulb (12V 55W). It was a cheap and easy customization and I like the look so far. There hasn't been any fog lately, so I cannot comment on how well they perform in fog. But they make a distinct yet unobtrusive marker light.

IMG_20210320_193502014.jpg

·
Registered
GLA45 AMG Edition 1
6 Posts
This looks neat. Can you post a more full head on shot of the front of the car? Hard to get a full image from those shots.

I swapped out the white halogen fog lights with yellow HELLA H11 YL Xtreme Yellow Bulb (12V 55W). It was a cheap and easy customization and I like the look so far. There hasn't been any fog lately, so I cannot comment on how well they perform in fog. But they make a distinct yet unobtrusive marker light.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know! It's hard to get a pic of the foglights as they appear in person because the lighting from the DRLs vs. the bright LED headlights play with the camera settings. Here's one with the DRLs (which are also halogen). In this photo the DRLs look more yellow than they really are and the fog lights look less yellow than they really are. This is why I snapped a photo of the reflection in a store window---it seemed to capture the colors much better.

I'll see if I can get a better picture in the dark. This would all be much easier if MB and/or DOT let me turn on the foglights by themselves in the dark. I just love it when companies and governments take away all the dangers and burdens of thinking for myself... 🙃

1 - 3 of 3 Posts