Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people i have newly bought Xtool x100 and xtool x100 pad 3. Im gonna make car keys, first of all Mercedes. But i need help, which Mercedes key do i need to buy some sellers says its 2 diffrent types one is BGA and other is NEC. Which one can we program with xtool pad 3?

My friend told me that I need to get KC501

;)

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
The dealer needs your VIN to send to the factory with proof of ownership to get the specific code for your car in order to program a new key. It's a matter of security. Let us know if you're successful. That would be interesting, and curious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The dealer needs your VIN to send to the factory with proof of ownership to get the specific code for your car in order to program a new key. It's a matter of security. Let us know if you're successful. That would be interesting, and curious.
When I had a new key coded, they also needed my car. Yes the $480 key came directly from, wherever, but wasn't programmed for my car and the service department had to pull my car in to program the key.

·
623 Posts
Over the past 10 years, I have bought keys for 3 different MB cars and the dealer ordered them using the vin and when the keys arrived they were programmed for the car. All I did was pick them up from the parts department. Just 6 months ago brought one for a 2013 SLK, the guy from parks did go out and checked that the functions on the key worked, that was the first time they even did that. Interestingly I have seen others that posted the same thing and other where dealer needed to program the key. I paid $448 for the last key, MSRP I figure would be a little less as my dealer does have a small added markup on parts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Over the past 10 years, I have bought keys for 3 different MB cars and the dealer ordered them using the vin and when the keys arrived they were programmed for the car. All I did was pick them up from the parts department. Just 6 months ago brought one for a 2013 SLK, the guy from parks did go out and checked that the functions on the key worked, that was the first time they even did that. ((Interestingly I have seen others that posted the same thing and other where dealer needed to program the key.)) I paid $448 for the last key, MSRP I figure would be a little less as my dealer does have a small added markup on parts.
Originally, I tried to order the key (can we even call them keys anymore?) from a well established Mercedes repair facility in VA, and the guy told me if my car was a single year older than 2018, he could get me a key that would work with my car. However, MB changed their security protocol after that year and new fobs now have to be programmed to the specific car at the dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts