Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got into a 2021 45 AMG and it came with 21" Wheels and Summer Tires. In preparation of needing a set of winter wheels and tires, I'm shopping around and I'm having issues trying to find wheels that will fit over the BBK in the front. Tire Rack isn't much help. They have winter tires that will fit the 21" wheels, but I'd rather have a set of winter wheels and tires so I can change them over myself and not damage the 21" wheels it came with during the winter. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
122 Posts
First, where do you live and do you really need winter tires? If you feel you need winter tires, does the dealer you got the 45 from not have MB wheel and tire winter packages (in Canada they are very good value> good wheels and excellent tires).

This is what my parts man at MBCanada suggested:
  • Vredestein Wintertrac pro: or
  • Pirelli Sottosero3 in 255/35R21.
Another alternative that we are considered is the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 that comes in the 255/35ZR21/XL 98W (Michelin #39155). For this strategy, plan was drive on the OEM tire until this fall and then install the PS4as tires on the OEM rim and just drive it, keeping the OEM tire to put back on the car when the lease is done as MBC insists on MO tires on the car at lease return or they make you pay! These new Michelins have good life, are reported to be excellent tires to drive on, are pretty decent in the snow but are not like a true winter tire. They are also very inexpensive when you do a cost per unit distance (per mile or km).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, where do you live and do you really need winter tires? If you feel you need winter tires, does the dealer you got the 45 from not have MB wheel and tire winter packages (in Canada they are very good value> good wheels and excellent tires).

This is what my parts man at MBCanada suggested:
  • Vredestein Wintertrac pro: or
  • Pirelli Sottosero3 in 255/35R21.
Another alternative that we are considered is the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 that comes in the 255/35ZR21/XL 98W (Michelin #39155). For this strategy, plan was drive on the OEM tire until this fall and then install the PS4as tires on the OEM rim and just drive it, keeping the OEM tire to put back on the car when the lease is done as MBC insists on MO tires on the car at lease return or they make you pay! These new Michelins have good life, are reported to be excellent tires to drive on, are pretty decent in the snow but are not like a true winter tire. They are also very inexpensive when you do a cost per unit distance (per mile or km).
Thank you for the suggestion, I ended up buying the dedicated tire and wheel package direct from MBUSA on this page.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts