Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked in the owners manual, says to mix the 40ml summer formulation Mercedes washer concentrate to 100:1 with regular water.
that would mean 4 liters, approximately 1 gallon.
However, there is no info regarding why the capacity of the tank is, so that I know how much I am mixing.
anybody know ?

·
Super Moderator
650 Posts
What difference does it make? Use an old gallon container (or better a new one of distilled water) and mix up the batch to the proper fluid concentrate/water ratio. Then fill the washer reservoir as much as possible. Whatever you have left over in your gallon jug you can use the next time. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are several differences:
1. If indeed the capacity of the washer tank is 1 galon, then once it's empty another method of refilling it is: You dump in the 40 mililiter OEM container and then fill it with water (BTW owner's manual says not to use distilled). The shaking and mixing is done by ... driving the car
2. I found some deals on ebay for kits of 10 OEM 40 ml containers. I want to translate that into tankfuls and then understand how long time of a supply that it. If it's 2 containers a tank.. that's a different deal.

·
Super Moderator
650 Posts
Thanks for the no-distilled water head's up. I've never seen that before with any vehicle I've owned. Typically used to avoid hard mineral water spots (very hard water in my area, incl. much iron) but in this case the reservoir level sensor takes priority. Unless of course one just periodically eyeball checks the level. 😉
Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 6.25.55 AM.png

1 - 4 of 4 Posts