Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! GLA 2016 manual diesel, car was sitting for two weeks in the garage, now the drippers don't spray.

When I press the button I hear the pump working and a few drops come out of the sprayers for a second.
All my other cars it was super easy taking apart the drippers, here they seem like they are soldered/glued on the water pipe? Cannot take them out.
The headlight sprayers work well, so its something with the line of the windshield sprayers or in the drippers them selfs.
I am quite good with my hands, I checked google before, couldn't find anything special about the drippers.

·
Super Moderator
947 Posts
Maybe the spray heads are stopped up. Using a small pin, stick it in the hole of the spray heads to make sure they are not blocked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to mention this is the first thing I tried, Also the rear windshield doesn't spray, you can hear the motor working but no water is coming out.

·
Super Moderator
947 Posts
Forgot to mention this is the first thing I tried, Also the rear windshield doesn't spray, you can hear the motor working but no water is coming out.
Motor running is that wiper motor and pumps motor?

·
Super Moderator
786 Posts
There's only the one pump motor that services both the windshield and rear hatch sprays. If your windshield washers work fine, and you're sure the rear spray nozzle is clear of debris, then you have a blockage somewhere in the line from front of vehicle to rear (if you had a leak the windshield sprays would be diminished or non-functioning).

·
Super Moderator
947 Posts
Okay, I went back and reread the original post Headlight washers work. The windshield and rear glass washers do not. So the pump must work for the headlights washer to work. It sounds like you have a line blockage if the pump runs and no spray. If the pump is not running for the windshield and rear you have an electrical problem. Need to narrow it down to which one it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I detailed very well the problem, the pump works on rear and front and the headlights! just to be clear, the pump is working, but no water is coming out.

Yes, it sounds like line blockage which is weird because I only use clean osmosis water since day 1, so how do I go and open the blockage?
As I said before, it seems that the sprayers are glued to the water line which seems quite not smart.
And just to clarify last time since I see a big confusion, all of the pumps are working 100%, ONLY the headlights sprayer is spraying water, all other just give a few drops.

·
Super Moderator
947 Posts
I did some checking, and the GLA has a separate pump for headlights and another separate pump for the windshield. Not sure if you know this. Can you get to the pumps, swap the lines, and see what happens. The hood has to be closed tight for the washers to work.

Reactions: nickless09

·
Super Moderator
786 Posts
Yes, you did detail it rather well. Again, it appears you're getting windshield washing but not hatch washing (latter 'dripper' as you call it).

Especially since you've been careful about the fluid you've used, and you've assured the respective nozzles are clear, either the pump is not actually functioning fully (not enough pressure/flow to rear) and/or there is a blockage in the line before it branches to the rear hatch.

As gbarringer cites there's a discrete pump for the headlight washers so not directly related to your issue.

When parked and after enabling the windshield washing do you see any fluid pooling under the vehicle on the floor/ground (other than what runs off the windshield)?

Note of course that there are specific controls for windshield and hatch washing. So is could be that the switch-electronics to engage hatch washing is not functioning. But that's a lower probability compared to more likely a blocked fluid line to the rear of the vehicle.

You could disconnect the fluid line downstream of the windshield sprayer branch connection and carefully blow some compressed air through the line to the rear. Have someone observe/feel the rear nozzle and if no air is coming out it would confirm a blockage of either the line or the nozzle.

Hey, I detailed very well the problem, the pump works on rear and front and the headlights! just to be clear, the pump is working, but no water is coming out.

Yes, it sounds like line blockage which is weird because I only use clean osmosis water since day 1, so how do I go and open the blockage?
As I said before, it seems that the sprayers are glued to the water line which seems quite not smart.
And just to clarify last time since I see a big confusion, all of the pumps are working 100%, ONLY the headlights sprayer is spraying water, all other just give a few drops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts