Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed this morning that the windshield is cracked. There is absolutely no impact point to the windshield so I was wondering if anyone here had this issue? I

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
No, but you have my deepest sympathy. I've learned there are many systems tied to the GLA windshield depending on your options...auto-rain-sensor for the wipers, lane keeping assist are two for sure. My auto wipers have not worked since delivery, and almost 8 months later the local dealer is still trying to resolve that. This experience has terrified me...what if I had a cracked windshield? Not a simple event. Wish you well, please keep us posted on how this progresses.

·
Registered
880 Posts
No, but you have my deepest sympathy. I've learned there are many systems tied to the GLA windshield depending on your options...auto-rain-sensor for the wipers, lane keeping assist are two for sure. My auto wipers have not worked since delivery, and almost 8 months later the local dealer is still trying to resolve that. This experience has terrified me...what if I had a cracked windshield? Not a simple event. Wish you well, please keep us posted on how this progresses.
sorry to hear about the auto wipers and the crack ....

sometimes these things happens, most likely to changes in temperature, had a lexus that did the same thing, parked under the shade of a tree in the driveway, coming back from a wkend trip notice a crack that started from a previous rock chip. A lot of new cars actually utilize the wind shield as a part of the frame, in the even of impact or roll over the windshield is one of the many components keeping you safe.

If you have a pano roof that crack well.. those are spontaneous...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Please let us know how it turns out...auto-rain-sensor, lane-keeping assist if you have it, anything else that goes on the windshield. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All went well and everything is just like how it used to be... Dealer totally screwed it up during installation. There are scratches all over the mbrace call unit near the mirror. It looks like they broke the right side of the button. They also broke my dashcam.. and left a power drill in the car. I'm speechless as how MB dealer can do such crappy job. Glass is fine though. All of the sensors work.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I agree on the workmanship. Glad all the sensors are working correctly. Hopefully the dealer will take care of the collateral damage?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts