Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy some 3 piece Forgiato Forged wheels the plan is to put them on my 2015 GLA45.
The specs are 20x9 ET 38
20x10 ET 44
plan to run 265-35-20 square on these, will this work and can you foresee any issues? Thanks so much for any help,

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a chance to buy some 3 piece Forgiato Forged wheels the plan is to put them on my 2015 GLA45.
The specs are 20x9 ET 38
20x10 ET 44
plan to run 265-35-20 square on these, will this work and can you foresee any issues? Thanks so much for any help,

I would be concerned with the AWD system detecting things. You'd use the same tire size but rims are different and likely slightly different weight. Were these wheels on an AWD? I'd also be concerned if these would actually fit, I put 245's on my stock 8" wheels, thought about 255's but that would require 8.5 or 9's so not happening, and now you are talking 9's and 10's, I wonder if you will have rubbing/clearance with 265's? This will only put more stress on the drivetrain as well if you are tuned and what not. Pushing the limits for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be concerned with the AWD system detecting things. You'd use the same tire size but rims are different and likely slightly different weight. Were these wheels on an AWD? I'd also be concerned if these would actually fit, I put 245's on my stock 8" wheels, thought about 255's but that would require 8.5 or 9's so not happening, and now you are talking 9's and 10's, I wonder if you will have rubbing/clearance with 265's? This will only put more stress on the drivetrain as well if you are tuned and what not. Pushing the limits for sure.
Thanks for the response and great info. I did pass on these and found some BBS RS-GT Forged wheels, correct for the car in20x8.5.
John

·
Registered
353 Posts
Would love to see some photos of these rims on your 45! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would like to know if you are still running 265's on an 8.5" wheel, if you have any issue with rub, and what your offset is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts