Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Likely it will, but will it matter? does the price increase in the CLA matter?... not at all.

It's not like it will cause someone to revise their buying options and look elsewhere. Price increase of the CLA will be easy to absorb (same with the GLA), if not, act your wage and get something you can actually afford.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't think the price hike matters. I traded my CLA for a GLA after one year, but the price hike wasn't a factor for the switch. I would have bought a new CLA, but the GLA just spoke to me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
They will probably raise the price of the GLA as well, especially if it is selling really well. Why wouldn't they? The goal is for them to make money right. If anything it would just make people choose a few less options to make up the difference in price.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Likely it will, but will it matter? does the price increase in the CLA matter?... not at all.

It's not like it will cause someone to revise their buying options and look elsewhere. Price increase of the CLA will be easy to absorb (same with the GLA), if not, act your wage and get something you can actually afford.
Put your condescension away, this is a conversation. A psychological one at that. The sub $30K CLA was a myth to begin with, so the question is WHY. Was mercedes losing cash producing them at that prce point, thus attempting to grease the margins, or was dipping below the $30K hard deck hurting the perception of their brand. LExus and BMW have both taken shots at the dip below indirectly.

Don't worry I'll wait for you to add something constructive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts