Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Which options does your Mercedes GLA have?

13K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Lowell356 
#1 ·
Our Mercedes GLA's option list comes with 11 to choose from, all listed below. Of those 11 options, which did you get?

Feel free to share any feedback from your experience with these options below

Stand-Alone Options:
  • 218 - Rearview Camera
  • 234 - Blind Spot Assist
  • 235 - PARKTRONIC with Park Assist
  • 242 - Power Passenger Seat with 3-pos. Memory
  • 413 - Panorama Sunroof
  • 614 - Bi-Xenon Headlamps and LED Taillights
  • H97 - Aluminum Trim
  • 810 - Harman/Hardon Sound System
  • 873 - Heated Front Seats
  • 877 - Ambient Lighting (12 colors)
  • 899 - KEYLESS-GO

#2 ·
Rearview camera -When I test drove the car I noticed how small the back window was. Rearview was the solution.
Panorama Sunroof -I live in Seattle. The summer is nice, but in the winter you really want to get every bit of sunlight you can.
Heated Seats -Necessity if you park outside in the winter. Soooo nice when you get off the hill from a day of snowboarding to turn those on for the ride home.

The rest of em? Meh. I didn't even get any of the packages other than the Sport Package.

#11 ·
I have the illuminated star. I was buying what was on the lot with options I wanted and the only car on the lot that had all the options I want also had the illuminated star. If I had my choice and would have wished for the DISTRONIC PLUS in place of the star.

#5 · (Edited)
[*]218 - Rearview Camera YES, MUST HAVE

[*]234 - Blind Spot Assist NOT SURE, AS I KNOW IT DOES NOT WORK PERFECT

[*]235 - PARKTRONIC with Park Assist YES, MUST HAVE

[*]242 - Power Passenger Seat with 3-pos. Memory NOT MUST HAVE BUT USEFUL

[*]413 - Panorama Sunroof MUST HAVE !!!

[*]614 - Bi-Xenon Headlamps and LED Taillights MUST HAVE, BUT I WILL GO FOR ILS LIGHTS

[*]H97 - Aluminum Trim YOUR CHOOSE, YOU CAN EASY CHANGE THIS IN THE FUTURE

[*]810 - Harman/Hardon Sound System OF COARSE ! IT'S QUITE CHEAP

[*]873 - Heated Front Seats MUST HAVE

[*]877 - Ambient Lighting (12 colors) YES

[*]899 - KEYLESS-GO I PREFER TO PUT THE KEY TO START THE ENGINE, BUT...

If You buy quite expensive car like GLA, I guess You gonna drive it few years at least... Do not save on anythingwhat You like, because You will not add it later... I bought mine 8 months ago, order a lot of extras but today I would order everything from the list.

#6 ·
My 45 came with some options as standard

• 218 - Rearview Camera - standard
  • 234 - Blind Spot Assist
  • 235 - PARKTRONIC with Park Assist - standard
  • 242 - Power Passenger Seat with 3-pos. Memory - standard
  • 413 - Panorama Sunroof
  • 614 - Bi-Xenon Headlamps and LED Taillights - standard
  • H97 - Aluminum Trim - standard
  • 810 - Harman/Hardon Sound System
  • 873 - Heated Front Seats - standard (no idea because in Singapore, there is no winter!!)
  • 877 - Ambient Lighting (12 colors)
  • 899 - KEYLESS-GO
Didn't get the rest as they were not even on my option list! :)

#7 ·
Here are our options in Australia

AMG Edition 1

• 20-inch AMG 10-spoke alloy wheels in matt black with red rim flange & hubcap
  • AMG Aerodynamics Package including AMG rear aerofoil, additional ...

Price on request

Aerodynamics Package

• Larger front splitter
  • AMG rear aerofoil
  • Additional ...

Price on request

COMAND Package (Included in basic price)

• COMAND APS with 17.8cm TFT colour display, HDD navigation with RDS-TMC, 10GB music register, single-disc CD/DVD player with MP3/WMA/AAC, AM/FM ...

Seat Comfort Package (Included in basic price)

• Fully electrical front seats with memory function
  • Heated front seats
  • Passenger mirror with reverse parking position

Driving Assistance Package (Included in basic price)

• DISTRONIC PLUS
  • Lane keeping assist (passive)

Lane Keeping Package (Included in basic price)

Memory Package (Included in basic price)

• Convenient and individual adjustment of the driver's seat position
  • Up to three different positions for the electrically adjustable ...

Stowage Space Package (Included in basic price)

• Spectacles compartment
  • Net in the passenger footwell
  • Stowage compartments under the front seats ...

Load Compartment Package (Included in basic price)

• Cargo position of the rear seat backrests (15 degrees steeper)
  • Net pockets on the left and right sides of load compartment ...

AMG Exclusive Package (Included in basic price)

• AMG performance seat in Black RED CUT leather upholstery
  • Red ...

Mirror Package (Included in basic price)

• Exterior mirrors electrically adjustable, electrically folding and heated with indicator repeaters

Alarm Package (Included in basic price)

• Anti-theft alarm system (ATA)
  • Infrared interior monitoring
  • Tow-away protection ...

AMG Night Package (Included in basic price)

Light & Sight Package (Included in basic price)

• Ambient lighting in footwells, door handles and tailgate
  • Illuminated door sill panels with "Mercedes-Benz" lettering

#8 ·
"Driving Assistance Package (Included in basic price)

DISTRONIC PLUS
Lane keeping assist (passive)"

Do you know what the Option numbers are for those (from a VIN decoder) ?

I've got the GLA 250 and I don't think I have those or were in the base price model .... Distronic Plus v. Cruise Control - one or the other yes ? I do have Cruise Control but its not adaptive.

GC

#9 ·
Coming from the perspective of a 2015 GLA250-I got the illuminated star because I dealt for the last 2015 on the lot, and it had the star. At the price they charge, I wouldn't have it by choice-you can't see it, unless you find a way to hang really far out the window while you're driving. I wouldn't like this car without blindspot assist, because it has a huge blindspot. I really like the panorama roof. I really like the HK sound. I wish it had rear camera and park assist. I have FWD, and, although AWD might be nice, I don't particularly miss it, and that is after going through two NE USA winters. Heated seats a must, garage door opener a must. Both of these probably require buying a package. I like Keyless Go, but could definitely live without. I also like GPS. Memory electric seats are ok, wouldn't spend much to have them, since I am essentially the only one who drives the car.

#10 ·
Pam was hesitant to add options at first, but we talked. I insisted on the 2017 45. She insisted she didn't like the Recaros (we went with the standard AMG Sport seat ... Red Cut). I did not want the annoyance of lane assist, but did want blind spot and parking sensors (which by default meant park assist). I did not trust Distronic to be adequately smooth (a mistake on my part in retrospect given posts on this Forum, but Pam decided on the illuminated star which negated Distronic anyway). Beyond the above, it was all Pam, which included Night Package, larger display, all the convenience packages, sport exhaust, LSD (which included Race Mode, adjustable suspension, and speed delimiter ... OK, that was me), 20 inch wheels, carbon fiber dash, etc.

Things that I would have liked but that were not available in the USA (and in some cases anywhere) included LED adaptive (follows the steering wheel) headlights, surround camera, folding side mirrors, under seat storage bins (I added those later), foot sweep rear door opening, ventilated seats, HUD, and the obvious ... like more power (there is never enough power!!!).

While some (much ...) of the above is not required, I don't regret any of it. We enjoy the car thoroughly. If we had skimped we might not feel the same.

You could argue the GLC is a better buy when you fully load, but it doesn't drive the same. And high on Pam's list were small size and good gas mileage. We just completed a round trip to Lake Tahoe from the San Francisco Bay Area. This was heavy traffic, an elevation change of over 7000 feet, and speeds ranging from sitting in traffic to near double legal. Netted just over 30 mpg. With 12K on the car it is just breaking in, driving better each time we take it out.

In the end, options are personal. That being said ... blind spot assist and back up camera, IMHO, are mandatory!!!

#12 ·
A note on the star ... generally people clog the left lane. They simply will not pull to the right. I have found with the 45, at night only, and only with the 45, when I approach from behind and pull into the left lane people tend to move to the right. The only difference I can think of is the star. Pam has noticed this too.

The above is purely anecdotal, but it seems to be a real phenomena. We've tested it and it works over half the time, but again, only in the 45.

#15 ·
Hi Wayne-Maybe people think it's the sheriff coming up? I'm going to go out tonight and give it a try. Incidentally, upstate NY winter seems to be over. Praise the Lord.

#13 ·
My friend has a GLC. It is too big for my personal taste. The biggest drag is that there is no Android Auto/Apple CarPlay offering at all at that time (early 2017). That's the only option for me as a must have. And based on the current trend, you better buy one with it even if you don't use it.

#14 ·
Options:

Mt. Gray Paint (don't forget the paint option!)
Illuminated Star (Would have skipped it but came with CPO)
Poplar Wood Trim
Premium Package
- garage door opener
- heated seats
- auto dimming mirror
- Burmester sound system
- keyless go
Blind Spot Assist (ESSENTIAL)
Multi Media Package
- DVD Coding
- Smartphone integration
- back up camera
- COMAND
- Sunroof

#16 ·
I have a 2015 GLA250 Edition1 and have the rear view camera as an option. Recently when the car was in for service, was given a C300 as a loaner. Noticed that it addition to the standard rear view it also had a 180 degree view. Do later GLAs have this option and does anyone know if you can update the 2015 camera to provide this view.

#17 ·
In Pam's 45 there are options on the bottom of the screen ... use the selector knob to scroll right one send push the knob down to select. This is great for backing out of spaces in the shopping center ... you can see cars before you start backing out.

The camera defaults to standard view when you are done.

#18 ·
Hi Wayne-Maybe people think it's the sheriff coming up? I'm going to go out tonight and give it a try. Incidentally, upstate NY winter seems to be over. Praise the Lord.[/QUOTE]

I was born in Ithaca, grew up in Syracuse (Fayetteville), and attended undergraduate school in Canton. In other words, I sympathize and empathize with your long lasting winter. As the saying goes, if summer occurs on a Sunday, have a picnic!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.