Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many have commented from time to time that forum discussion would be enhanced if members included information on their GLA model and year, and where you might be located. There are different features or packages for different countries or regions. It is totally voluntary to do so, but when operational questions are asked or discussion breaks out, that certainly is a plus for readers to know if not spelled out in the post.

For those who might wish to add that information to your posts in signature form, it's quite simple, starting from the "User CP" link on the upper right task bar.

If you wish to include model information on your GLA, go to Settings & Options/Edit Signature.

If you'd like to include your location information, even just country, that is done from Your Profile/Edit Your Details/Additional Information/Location.

Again, totally voluntary, but it's great for discussion.

·
Registered
179 Posts
test for signature visibility

Edit: yep that works.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Great idea. It's nice to have reference when posting with each other so we know if we're providing relevant information based on location and car type. I'll give it a try and see how it feels. I guess we also have the option to turn off signatures in our settings if anyone doesn't like seeing them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just realized sits don't show up on my phone. Oh well... still useful when I'm on a computer.

·
Super Moderator
1,662 Posts
GLA415 ... Just realized sits don't show up on my phone. Oh well... still useful when I'm on a computer.

Same problem on my phone, and can't get to the Signature option.

But this is a great idea.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Agree and to me really important is to include location info... helps with the different model GLAs and what is standard and the packages that are available.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We've had many new members join us in the last five months. Bumping this thread to let you know about these features that help enhance discussion. (See first post.)

·
Administrator
321 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks for bearing with me. I've gotten the tech team to push that update now so, if you go to your User CP and edit your details, you'll see a section that says "Car year & Model". Once you input the info there, it'll show in the postbit legacy (the sidebar that shows on your posts). Let me know what you think.

Niall

·
Registered
22 Posts
Testing
Great upgrade.

Reactions: gbarringer

·
Registered
3 Posts
test for signature

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump to familiarize newer members with these features, especially adding your location or region, model year, and GLA series to your profile. That is often a great aid to others when discussing issues or features, as they can vary a great deal by year, model, and region.

·
623 Posts
AS this was an added feature in the past months it would be good if all members old or new would update their profile to include the year, model and location.

Reactions: WhiteRabbit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in...

Reactions: gbarringer

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the GLA forum Lou! When you're able share some photos of your new GLA and tell us more about your operating experiences.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am in the United States. I have a GLA250 4MATIC in polar white with black MB-Tex, premium package, panoramic moonroof, Harmon Kardon premium sound, LED lights, illuminated star, convenience package, and smartphone integration. I'm not sure if it shows up for everyone, but I created a signature with my location, vehicle information, and a photo of my car.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There was a different forum format when this thread was originated. A major upgrade of the forum in the last year eliminated those specific data fields under your user ID. Members have been adding that information to their signatures, as you have done.

·
623 Posts
Many have commented from time to time that forum discussion would be enhanced if members included information on their GLA model and year, and where you might be located. There are different features or packages for different countries or regions. It is totally voluntary to do so, but when operational questions are asked or discussion breaks out, that certainly is a plus for readers to know if not spelled out in the post.

For those who might wish to add that information to your posts in signature form, it's quite simple, starting from the "User CP" link on the upper right task bar.

If you wish to include model information on your GLA, go to Settings & Options/Edit Signature.

If you'd like to include your location information, even just country, that is done from Your Profile/Edit Your Details/Additional Information/Location.

Interesting you post this and your model, year, and location does not show up.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a GLA 250 4 matic wit 36000 miles had it for 3 months we had high winds in vegas Tues and I was driving dow a main street and the spoiler/cover flew off thank god it didnt hit nobody no mercedes is tell me because it was not bought from a mercedes dealer ship they dont stand behind it gets legal now the thing was put on with glue

1 - 20 of 21 Posts