Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you track your MPG?

If so, what kind of gas mileage are GLA owners are getting and under various conditions?

Specify critera like:

1. Terrain
2. Season & Weather
3. Winter vs. Summer Fuel
4. AWD vs. FWD vs. AMG
5. Load (Towing vs. Not Towing etc.)
6. Drive settings and characteristics

·
Registered
182 Posts
32mpg this past weekend on a 250 mile route up and down the mountains with a mix of highway and back roads. Light traffic for the most part.
GLA 250 4matic with just a couple people in it.

I typically get in the low 20's around town and 30 on the highway. If I go less than a mile in town, then it's always something awful on the screen like 16-18mpg. My all time high was driving down from the top of Mt Baker. MPG was showing 49mpg over 60 miles!

·
Registered
30 Posts
32mpg this past weekend on a 250 mile route up and down the mountains with a mix of highway and back roads. Light traffic for the most part.

I typically get in the low 20's around town and 30 on the highway. If I go less than a mile in town, then it's always something awful on the screen like 16-18mpg. My all time high was driving down from the top of Mt Baker. MPG was showing 49mpg over 60 miles!

I got 36.8 mpg on a seven hour trip from Virginia to northern Ohio.....

·
Registered
483 Posts
28 gla 45 on winter tires, in aco mode.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Nice! For an AWD vehicle that is pretty impressive.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I haven't reset my fuel economy since buying my GLA in October 2014. As a consequence it displays my overall MPG for 20K miles. My normal commute is 6 miles each way, but have made several long trips, plus drive from Indy to St. Louis to visit the grandkids each month.

My overall combined for 20K miles is 29.9 MPG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my GLA in July 2015, and the computer shows an average of 20.8MPG over 8.8K miles. I am never able to get more than 26MPG on any type of road. Brought the car to a dealer for check up on a few occasions, but they say the car is perfect, the gas mileage is normal for this car, and that Mercedes is not responsible for EPA numbers that are on the sticker. Extremely disappointing....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Approaching 4k on mine (2015 GLA250) and have not reset the trip computer-it is at 25.5. I find if I take an over the road trip, such as on the interstate, it is 33-34.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got 31mpg from LA to Monterey and back. I'm thinking I could have squeezed 34mpg out of the trip but I was cookin' plus there was a lot of mountainous hills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts