Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I own a 2015 Jupiter red GLA 4matic and I'm looking to put on some aftermarket parts like an K&N air filter and red brake calipers and other stuff?? Any ideas on where to get the right stuff?? Also any guys that have done performance work on their GLA's pls comment too! Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
For engine components…yes absolutely the same

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya a little Cheesy

For $40 you can swap out the little lights that shine down from the door when you open it to projectors that shine a MB logo on the ground. Maybe a little tacky, but they're fun, cheap, and super easy to install: http://www.windfireauto.com/wp-cont...oduct_filter.php?make=47&model=642&syear=3627

Ya I thought about doing that but it does look a little cheesy lol, any guys know what K&N air filter to buy?? not sure which model works for the GLA 250???

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I second the AMG pedals... got mine from Keenan Motors and they literally took about 3 minutes to install (no tools needed). When I took delivery of my 2016 about a week ago I grabbed the all weather mats and cargo bay liner. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ya I thought about doing that but it does look a little cheesy lol,
Projectors look a little cheesy? They look super cheesy! But I still get a giggle every time I open the door at night. For $20 a pop I just figured why not? And since it only takes about a minute I can pull them out and put the regular ones back in when I'm no longer amused by them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They look kinda cool! Lol maybe I will put them in and post a pic hahah! Any guys have ideas on HID kits? Or any other ideas for the car?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Projectors look a little cheesy? They look super cheesy! But I still get a giggle every time I open the door at night. For $20 a pop I just figured why not? And since it only takes about a minute I can pull them out and put the regular ones back in when I'm no longer amused by them.
I installed them and thought they were neat.
However, the wife thought they were cheesy. Since the GLA is her car, I had to remove them.
Too, bad they don't have a version for my 2012 SLK. :crying:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I installed them and thought they were neat.
However, the wife thought they were cheesy. Since the GLA is her car, I had to remove them.
Too, bad they don't have a version for my 2012 SLK.
How did you guys install them??? Did u have to cut into the door??

·
Registered
182 Posts
How did you guys install them??? Did u have to cut into the door??
The lights that are in the door now just pop out so you can replace the bulb if it ever burned out. You can just pull it out with some light prying, though be careful not to scratch it all up! The light assembly is connected with a plug, so press in the tab on the plug and pull it out. Plug in the new one and press it back into place. Done. It really is that simple.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys, I own a 2015 Jupiter red GLA 4matic and I'm looking to put on some aftermarket parts like an K&N air filter and red brake calipers and other stuff?? Any ideas on where to get the right stuff?? Also any guys that have done performance work on their GLA's pls comment too! Thx
Dont forget about door pins:
http://www.glaowners.com/forum/exterior-interior/5970-stainless-steel-amg-door-pins.html
Thank god u posted this! The plastic door pins right now stick up like 2 inches lol! Nice choice on the medal ones!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations on the car. If u have the halogen lights done go for hids since it doesn't have projectors in the housing. Get the Phillips ultra diamond vision blubs for the looks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts