Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the GLA so this isn't a knock on vehicle at all but let's be honest, it isn't perfect.

Just for fun, what do you guys think should have been standard and what option would you have been willing to pay for were it available?

As for standard features, I think these should have been included:

Keyless/Push-to-Start
Sunglass holder
Garage Door/Gate Opener
Metal door pins
Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
Heated Seats

As for an options I would pay for:

Air Suspension (wouldn't mind being able to raise and lower the GLA)
Electronic Folding Side Mirrors (should be part of the Premium Package or something)
Heated Steering Wheel

So far that's all I could think of, I'll might add more things later on.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I love the GLA so this isn't a knock on vehicle at all but let's be honest, it isn't perfect.

Just for fun, what do you guys think should have been standard and what option would you have been willing to pay for were it available?

As for standard features, I think these should have been included:

Keyless/Push-to-Start
Sunglass holder
Garage Door/Gate Opener
Metal door pins
Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
Heated Seats

As for an options I would pay for:

Air Suspension (wouldn't mind being able to raise and lower the GLA)
Electronic Folding Side Mirrors (should be part of the Premium Package or something)
Heated Steering Wheel

So far that's all I could think of, I'll might add more things later on.
Agree with most of the list.. heated seats and dual zone are considered premium but backup camera should be standard. Its standard on most honda, toyota, nissan. Especially when they do form over function like on the CLA

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't call heated seats and dual-zone exactly premium, they're standard in most entry-level luxury vehicles like Audi A3 (dual-zone) and Lexus IS (also comes with cooled seats). I do not remember anymore but I believe the dual-zone was standard on the C-Class before the CLA replaced it.

Honestly, I think the whole premium package should be standard outside of the Harmon Kardon sound system & Sirius (and it should be at least 2 year free subscription). How is media interface optional?

Dual-zone automatic climate control
Heated front seats
harman/kardon LOGIC7® sound system
SiriusXM Radio with 6-month All Access trial
Media Interface
Auto-dimming rearview and driver-side mirrors
Integrated compass
Garage door opener

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I agree that premium package should have been standard. That would mess with MB's advertising/marketing strategy for a low base MSRP though, so you can see why it isn't standard.

Reactions: AMGz

·
Registered
694 Posts
In MB's defense they probably figured they'll make it standard when they absolutely need it rather than putting in more effort now, more than they possibly need to.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I wouldn't call heated seats and dual-zone exactly premium, they're standard in most entry-level luxury vehicles like Audi A3 (dual-zone) and Lexus IS (also comes with cooled seats). I do not remember anymore but I believe the dual-zone was standard on the C-Class before the CLA replaced it.

Honestly, I think the whole premium package should be standard outside of the Harmon Kardon sound system & Sirius (and it should be at least 2 year free subscription). How is media interface optional?
My family have bought the two last generations of Lexus IS, cooled seats are not standard, come with the navi level package. But yea paying 50k for a 45 and have to add 5k more for navi and premium is total bull. Especially when similar equipped S3 is 10k less ( -50hp and being an audi, luxury jetta clone)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah specifically with the GLA45, I think full leather interior should be standard too but I guess they wanted the MSRP to start below $50k (USD)?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another feature that I think should be a standard and included in the GAL45, fog lights!

Anyone else find it unusual that the AMG version doesn't have fog lights?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Remote start capability when adding Keyless-Go option.

I could go on but that is my biggest thing since an aftermarket remote start system that uses the factory fob is $700 (plus tax and installation unless you buy online from an out-of-state retailer and install yourself).

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Another feature that I think should be a standard and included in the GAL45, fog lights!

Anyone else find it unusual that the AMG version doesn't have fog lights?
I was surprised to fine that opting for the sport package deleted fog lights from my GLA250.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is weird that it seemed like MB didn't even bother design a fog light for the body kit, they've had elongated led strip fog light before, it could have integrated well with that bumper.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MBs Magic Sky Control would have been a cool option for the GLA too.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
HEATED MIRRORS! My dealer said they weren't even an option. We need them in humid South Florida!
Page 103 of the GLA owners manual states they are heated. My experience in frosty Indiana last winter says it's true. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SWEET! Honestly did not even know that.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Note though that it says automatic happens at low outside temperatures. In Florida you likely have to manually turn it on using the rear defrost.

Reactions: SPARKALINA

·
Registered
19 Posts
Want to hear something funny? As soon as you posted that shot of the owners manual I immediately called my dealer and finalized the paperwork! I take delivery tomorrow on a GLA250 with panoramic sunroof, premium package, media package, sport package, blind spot, rearview cam, keyless go, AND HEATED MIRRORS lol. I'll never sleep tonight....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts