Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Do you have a maintenance contract for annual services? If so, it would seem the dealer should pay it. If you paid for the A Service yourself, it begs the question if they have the air filter factored into the A Service charge or if they would otherwise have done an ala carte-style itemization of parts with the A Service. This is of interest to GLA45 owners, please let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you have a maintenance contract for annual services? If so, it would seem the dealer should pay it. If you paid for the A Service yourself, it begs the question if they have the air filter factored into the A Service charge or if they would otherwise have done an ala carte-style itemization of parts with the A Service. This is of interest to GLA45 owners, please let us know how it turns out.
Thanks for your response, @turbolink.

- No maintenance contract
- Service A was billed a la carte

Because of those 2 answers to the questions you ask, I can see why the dealer would expect me to pay.

The fact that they neglected to get it done when service A was done, and I had to ask twice more about it before they admitted it should have been done, makes me wonder if I should ask that they pay for it. I really don't want to be contentious, but I shouldn't have to rely upon a forum to make sure I'm getting the right service for my car. Imagine if I had a warranty claim on the engine at some point and they didn't honor the warranty because that filter wasn't done at the correct interval.

·
Super Moderator
1,669 Posts
45 service is higher than 250 because they are not equivalent. Technically when you take an AMG into the dealer you are supposed to be sent to the front of the line and your car is supposed to be serviced by the dealer's top (AMG certified) mechanic. This mechanic should know the details. From reports in this Forum, there are problems with what I just wrote!!!

But yes, if they charged you the 250 amount, you do owe more for the 45.

·
Registered
15 Posts
NEED SOME INPUT ON THIS ASAP IF ANYONE CAN...

Context: Car has 7,000 miles or so, has only been to the dealer once for service A a few months ago.

So what did I do? I took the GLA45 into the dealer to have the eco start/stop fixed, a recall done, and to have COMAND updated (due to the system not responding intelligently to nav requests).

But I also had a question for them, and I got the question from the forum. My question was, "Did the air filter get changed during service A?" The service associate looked up my history and told me that it had not been done. I asked, that since this is a GLA45, isn't it part of service A? She told me no. I asked her if she was certain and she said she'd look it up. Eventually she was able to find that the air filter change SHOULD be part of service A for the GLA45 (but not the GLA250).

She tells me they can go ahead and do the filter at this time, and that it will be $138 parts and labor. They did not offer to pay for that and I'm trying to figure out if they should have offered since they neglected to do it in the first place and then told me again today initially it wasn't part of service A. Who should pay for it? Me, or the dealer, or some split?

I'm picking up the car in the morning.. thanks for your thoughts.
I wouldn't pay them to do what you've already paid for.

I also wouldn't pay the $90 for them to install. Filter on MBOEMparts.com is only $48.
I tried to post the link, but I'm new here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Last week I got my hands on a single 2.5 inch vibrant muffler, only way to install it was in the back, I don't like how it looks but I love how it sounds, just had a 1000km trip and drone was no bother

·
Registered
197 Posts
My '16 GLA45 returned to the shop. Voice control for Nav just fails to understand any address or city or anything. Voice control of other functions works fine. I took it in Thurs a.m. and they had it all day Thurs, all day Fri, and will get back to it tomorrow. They have already updated all software and are a bit stumped... not sure what's next.

In the meantime, our loaner this time is an '18 GLA250 4matic... same black color as ours. It's missing a bunch of power and active exhaust, big brakes, etc, but it is still fun to drive...the car still has some scoot to it... I'm kinda impressed with the power for what it is... just nice and torquey and geared right. It's funny that it seems a bit bigger... of course it isn't it just sits higher so I guess it occupies more air space giving that illusion of greater size. After having this '18 for a few days, I thought the newer grill would grow on me but it just hasn't. Maybe it will but just looks odd with the dozen little rectangles sprinkled in.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
More Than My Wife Will Ever Know

That was a post on another similar blog that I've always appreciated.;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Recently installed Thule bike hitch and WellVisors for the windows

I’m looking to do this to my vehicle where did you get the hitch I hear there’s a problem with some seal and it requires some cutting or what not. Do you have any information on this. I really don’t want to put my bikes on the roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ghost lights-Mercedes

This may have been posted before, but just installed 'Ghost Lights' to replace the standard puddle lights in front doors. I saw these are US$200 from Mercedes. Got set of 2 on ebay for $12.80. Supplier is in California, received in 3 days. Took 10 minutes to install, simple replacement of OEM light unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182985388450

2PCS Logo LED Door Courtesy Light Ghost Shadow Laser Projector for Mercedes-Benz

·
Registered
155 Posts
This may have been posted before, but just installed 'Ghost Lights' to replace the standard puddle lights in front doors. I saw these are US$200 from Mercedes. Got set of 2 on ebay for $12.80. Supplier is in California, received in 3 days. Took 10 minutes to install, simple replacement of OEM light unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182985388450

2PCS Logo LED Door Courtesy Light Ghost Shadow Laser Projector for Mercedes-Benz
is there any guide how to take out the original led and insert the new one.

already order from ebay. 4 for $15

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
is there any guide how to take out the original led and insert the new one.

already order from ebay. 4 for $15

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
Simple install. On the SIDE of each lamp is a latch - slip a small flatblade screwdriver in the middle between one side of the lens and it will unlatch with a tip of the blade. See the angled latch on side of OEM light taken out>

Pull lamp assbly straight out and take off 2 wire connector. You may need to fiddle with the 2 wire leads a bit to get the new light in - line up with new light. Snap in and viola'. Should take 5 min each side.

·
Super Moderator
1,669 Posts
I'm taking Pam's 45 in for the clock spring recall today. Also asking that the motor shut off be checked (aux battery and firmware). Map updates are due. Anything else I should worry about?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm taking Pam's 45 in for the clock spring recall today. Also asking that the motor shut off be checked (aux battery and firmware). Map updates are due. Anything else I should worry about?
maybe check your engine silver hose again?

·
Super Moderator
1,669 Posts
maybe check your engine silver hose again?
Thanks. I just checked ... still no problem.

FWIW for anyone waiting on the clock spring recall ... the dealer has parts for their own inventory to allow them to CPO their own stock. I got to my appointment today and was turned away. The dealer was embarrassed at their mistake and promised to do better in the future.

·
Super Moderator
1,669 Posts
What did you do to your GLA today?

Got behind on my maintenance over the holidays and got to 6,600 miles on the oil. So wash with wax and vacuum, oil change (no metal in the filter), and tire rotation.

Saved an oil sample to send to Blackstone for analysis along with a TBN to evaluate the additive package to determine break down and oil change interval.The old crush washer was definitely crushed. The filter was completely clean.

The wheel stud alignment pins help tremendously. The dead blow hammer is necessary to remove the wheels (hit from the inside). The PS4 tires were at 5, 6, 7, and 8 32nds of an inch (starting at 10) so it is a bit weird (even wear across all treads).

Attachments

41 - 60 of 66 Posts