Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original thread has been wildly popular but has become difficult to search through. Time to close it, but it will remain anchored at the top of the forum area.

Use this new thread to continue discussion on what you've been working on.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Some pics of my entire car with new shoes as requested from Part 1 of this thread...

(Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, 245/40ZR20)

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have his insert that I received today. Not the best fit, but works if you have something like a phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ordered my winter tire/wheel setup off tirerack.com. I live in an area that doesn't get a ton of snow or cold weather, but when it comes I like to have as good a setup as possible and that means smaller wheels.. Despite the warnings from several here not to go down to an 18" setup with the GLA45, I did it anyways. I chatted with tirerack and they guarantee the 18" setup will fit. If not, they'll provide a full refund and return freight. $1635 shipped, mounted, balanced, TPMS'd, road hazard, etc. Looking forward to having these on around 4 months a year... definitely will be a softer and different feel than the 20's!

18X8 SPORT EDITION A15 MT TITAN
4 In Stock $143.00 $572.00
433MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR
4 In Stock $38.00 $152.00
235/50R-18 MICHELIN X-ICE XI3 XL
4 In Stock $185.45 $741.80

·
Registered
222 Posts
What width and offset are your wheels.
Looks good and fills the wheel wells nicely.
Thanks. They're stock AMG wheels, so I believe they're 8Jx20, 43.5 offset. I'm hoping to add spacers sometime soon to get them more flush with the fenders, too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wow, Tirerack, you are amazing... I ordered these tires and wheels yesterday around 230pm... and now here they are mounted and balanced and in my driveway today around 630pm. These A15 Matte Titanium in little 18's look even better than I thought they would.... I can't wait for some snow! ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed non OEM door pins, purchased off eBay, and the Alpha Carbon Fiber air intake. I highly recommend both. The turbo sounds awesome with the new intake. I grin ear to ear every time it spools up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
I installed non OEM door pins, purchased off eBay, and the Alpha Carbon Fiber air intake. I highly recommend both. The turbo sounds awesome with the new intake. I grin ear to ear every time it spools up.
Cool! How easy was the intake install, and have you noticed improvement in power? I've been eyeing the AMS intake for a while now but haven't been sure how difficult the install is.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Installed a KCDesign Front Strut bar to my ride. :)

If anyone is interested, you guys can check out the link HERE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Custom ECU tuning stage 2, she gained 24WHP and 76WTQ from the tuning (36WHP and 32WTQ from the Air intake and turbo back upgrade), very pleased! Will go for stage 3 after BOV, intercooler and turbo upgrades.

Just a side note, after deleting the muffler, I noticed a loss in low end torque and the people keep telling me I need to get a Remus axel back exhaust for some "back pressure", but the dyno result showed I actually gained 32WTQ). So I guess I couldve gained more with a custom muffler, maybe?

Oh, as for the fuel economy, I get around 10L/100km (23mpg) on the highway and 12-17L/100km (19-13mpg) depending on how I drive in the city.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cool, Whats the wheels hp and lbs you got the end?
and what tune?
Thanks,
C

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cool, Whats the wheels hp and lbs you got the end?
and what tune?
Thanks,
C
I got 226whp and 314wtq out of it, it's running on a custom tune from eurocharged. The owner told me because it's all wheel drive, you lose about 20 to 25 percent power and torque from the crank to the 4 wheels... but great results nevertheless.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I took the 20's off the GLA45 today to test-fit my new 18" winter set-up from Tire Rack. There were a number of warnings on this forum about 18's not working with the big calipers on the 45, but Tire Rack assured me that if they listed it as fitting it would fit. Sure, enough, those 18's do fit over the calipers. Looks like the clearance is tightest at the top of the caliper where there is just a shade less than 1/8" spacing. I like the "big wheel" look of the 20's but those and the ContiSport Contact 5P's would be abysmal in any kind of snow or ice. I was up in the hills at 8800' feet (Winter Park) for a couple days earlier this week and we got 6" of snow.. so exciting... bring it on! ;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I got 226whp and 314wtq out of it, it's running on a custom tune from eurocharged. The owner told me because it's all wheel drive, you lose about 20 to 25 percent power and torque from the crank to the 4 wheels... but great results nevertheless.
Thats very low.
i have rebellion uk stage one= piggy back set up + ams air intake+ dp with 200cel cat =345whp and 385lbs
C

1 - 20 of 64 Posts