Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys!
In other forums I have been a member of, they have a sticky thread that everyone can give a daily update on what they have done (either wash, mods, or anything else going on with the cars. Make sure you add pics if you did something epic). I thought it would be fun if we had one too!

I'll start it off. I know it sounds silly, but today when I got to work I was surprised to find an extra large parking spot which I immediately snagged in hopes to deter door dings. Sounds like a win for today at least!
>:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haha... I screwed in the stainless door pins.

·
Registered
470 Posts
^ ^ ^
Same here, installed the AMG stainless steel ones and I also got the organizer which fits just about perfectly!

Was actually kind of scared to switch the door pins up but they came off rather easily.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just picked up my car from my detailer. I had it covered by the same detailer with 22ple before and noticed a couple of rock chips last week. Im like screw that and had an xpel installed on it yesterday. He's really nice to have 22ple reapplied on top of xpel :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I installed a license plate holder...see Brake Assist Plus thread for info & pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ ^ ^
Same here, installed the AMG stainless steel ones and I also got the organizer which fits just about perfectly!

Was actually kind of scared to switch the door pins up but they came off rather easily.

This looks good man!

·
Registered
272 Posts
The AMG door pins do look nice. Such a small detail though. I wonder if guests in your car would notice them or if its something that is more for the owner himself.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I doubt they'd notice that it is an AMG but I think they'll notice that it is at lease a metal door pin that actually sinks in and looks much cleaner for the interior plus it's an awesome detail. Plus I can now put my elbow in that part of the door panel and not get poked and without my shirt getting caught.

With that said, the passengers would likely notice the ugly plastic stock pins more and wonder why a Benz has some 90's cheap door pins that can be bought at PepBoys. :D

Reactions: gurneyeagle

·
Registered
816 Posts
Agree about the door pins in particular in the AMG model, but once switched all is good (and a little lighter in coin relm :( )

Speaking of coin… today we had the Xpel Ultimate clear bra film installed:
Full hood
Front fascia
headlights
Outside mirrors
Full front fenders

Now I will feel much more comfortable driving around…no worries about minor stone impacts and for Florida the presence of sand…it is soooo fine and really can not see it, but it will effect paint and headlights.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I found out that I could program the GLA to beep when I lock it so I did. It kind of bugged me that it didn't make a noise and always have to do a double take to make sure the car is locked.

No beep for unlocking though, from research though it seems like MB usually has one beep to unlock and then 3 beeps to lock but not with the GLA apparently.

·
Registered
816 Posts
@ SSBGLA45: Have you tried Lamin-X headlight protector film?

I have heard of Lamin-X, but have never used it. I just have used Xpel for clear bra applications and headlights and driving (fog) lights were done with that material.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found out that I could program the GLA to beep when I lock it so I did. It kind of bugged me that it didn't make a noise and always have to do a double take to make sure the car is locked.

No beep for unlocking though, from research though it seems like MB usually has one beep to unlock and then 3 beeps to lock but not with the GLA apparently.
How did you do it?

·
Registered
470 Posts
How did you do it?
Use the controls on your steering wheel to switch through options on the screen on your instrument cluster and go to "settings" and you will see a screen similar to the pic below the pick the "vehicle" portion, scroll down and then you enable it there:

(googled pic)

Reactions: leeban and Azrielsc

·
Registered
470 Posts
Reactions: HSCDUDE

·
Registered
816 Posts
The sound and power of the GLA45 is addictive. Might have to form a GLA45PA
(GLA45PowerAnonymous) group :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Installed the TMC AutoFlash TCU remap software this morning. Full report to come, but awesome improvement so far!

Reactions: 23481 and HSCDUDE
1 - 20 of 354 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.