Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

First post. Just got a 2017 GLA 250 with 62Km. It is very nicely spec out (blind spot, autopark, power passager) . I paid $25K Cad. The reason I came here is that I need some help to figure out something about the car. When I first saw this car online, I had already put a deposit on a 2016 for 6K less with lower mileage. I went to have a look at this 2017 and put a deposit down after 15 mins. The single reason why I pay more was the SEATs. This car have sport seats but not aftermarket and not AMG seats. The car have the AMG look package but that doesnt include upgraded seats. After I found this car online, I try to find another one with the same seats, I tried going through ALL the online ad in Canada to see if there is another car with the same seats. (I wanted another color, car is white, not my favourite ). I can not find it. I went to the VIN decoder to see if it is an option and nope.... nothing. I tried using the configurator on MB site and just cannot get my car. No option for split color and sport seats. Went looking for the 2017 sell sheet and nothing on the option list.

So, what did I get? was it a special order?

Also, I am looking at getting the MB extended warranty (Factory expire Oct). I know I should use search but since I am doing a post anywhere. Any input?

Thanks for any info. The seats been bugging me.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
You got very nice dual color leather seats. I see the center console matches the seat center beige color so I presume it was part of an overall interior premium leather package.
A dealer with your VIN should be able to provide you a build sheet or one of the online decoders.
I did find this on a 2017 GLA configurator which
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.28.36 AM.png

seems to match what you have.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
MB specs vary country to country, even between Canada and the USA. For instance in Canada in 2017 you could get folding side mirrors and under seat storage containers which were not available in the USA. The available specs change year to year. So anything I write below may not be accurate for you ...

The GLA seats came in three types ... Standard (250 only), Sport (which was optional in the 250 and standard in the AMG 45), and Recaro (AMG 45 only). You have the Sport seats.

Beyond the type of seat there were trim options. Optional leather trim number 855 was a two tone Sahara Beige / Black. This choice required the Interior Package 318 that included leather upholstery, MB-Tex on dash with top stitching, 12 color ambient lighting, and the Sport seats. This was an $1,850USA option. The bi color seats were probably extra but I can't state this absolutely.

You can probably get a Canadian 2017 DOG (Dealer Order Guide) from your local dealer and the VIN can be used to get the details on your vehicle.

Let us know your thoughts on your new car as you move forward. Share some pics. Congratulations on your acquisition and welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
51 Posts
I have no answer about your seats, but WOW, do I LOVE them! Congrats on your purchase. I hope you have many happy miles in your new MB!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts