Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weistec, Renntech, any others?
2018 GLA 45 is my daily driver so can't afford to be without my ECU!

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can buy the Cypher from Weistech and have a base and a mod, it takes 30 seconds to program your ecu, anywhere, anytime.

·
Registered
2018 GLA45 Yellownight Edition
3 Posts
Weistec, Renntech, any others?
2018 GLA 45 is my daily driver so can't afford to be without my ECU!
Where are you Located? You can find an eurocharged dealer near to you. They could flash your ECU in 30 sec with a stage 1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you Located? You can find an eurocharged dealer near to you. They could flash your ECU in 30 sec with a stage 1.
None anywhere near me, thanks. I'm now considering Tork but have yet to get a response from them to my questions

·
Registered
11 Posts
None anywhere near me, thanks. I'm now considering Tork but have yet to get a response from them to my questions
they will definitely get back to you - prob just super busy at the moment with spring now here. i've been tork tuned for coming up on a year and am happy to answer any q's about the tune if you had any.(y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they will definitely get back to you - prob just super busy at the moment with spring now here. i've been tork tuned for coming up on a year and am happy to answer any q's about the tune if you had any.(y)
Thanks firx11! When I go to the shopping cart it lists stage0 (?), stage1, and stage2. We have 91 octane (US) and the most I plan to do is air filter. Not sure what to buy. They did respond to my question about stages but still confused:
"all our tunes are custom for all the mods in the car. The tuner can help you decide what stage tune you will need depending on your mods. If you get the option, all stages then you will get all three. The tuner can make a stage 0-stage 2 tune on any car with any or no mods. So it really depends on what your looking for and what you want out of the car as to what stage you want to go with."

I notice you have stage2 but run e85?

·
Super Moderator
1,872 Posts
E85 is ethanol 85% which has an octane rating of 108 allowing for massive spark advance without pre-ignition. It's energy density is less than dino fuel so your range is reduced. Additionally it can cause problems with seals and fuel pumps in older cars that were not designed for flex fuel. Read that as potential for hazard. But it's a great selection for the higher tune stages.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks firx11! When I go to the shopping cart it lists stage0 (?), stage1, and stage2. We have 91 octane (US) and the most I plan to do is air filter. Not sure what to buy. They did respond to my question about stages but still confused:
"all our tunes are custom for all the mods in the car. The tuner can help you decide what stage tune you will need depending on your mods. If you get the option, all stages then you will get all three. The tuner can make a stage 0-stage 2 tune on any car with any or no mods. So it really depends on what your looking for and what you want out of the car as to what stage you want to go with."

I notice you have stage2 but run e85?
personally, i went with the "all stages" option as i was going to go stage 2 anyway lol and i figured for just an extra $45, it may not be the worst idea to just get them all.

[email protected] (the main tuner there) designed all the staged tunes around a totally stock car, so, though this goes against what most other tuners seem to ask for on this platform, stage 2 would actually run fine w/no bolt-ons, so an air filter and stage 2 would be a great combo. i started with stage 1 and an ams filter and then went to stage 2 when i put in a catless dp (plm brand). i always run 91 octane as well (best we can get around here for gas).

i'm running a custom e85 tune that he designed as i took him up on his offer for e85 tuning, lol (because that addiction to hp is strong ;)). i was the first one to delve into these waters w/him and so he sort of used me as the guinea pig and created a "test" tune which ended up running decently (and also showed that it can run e85 on stock fuel pumps). from there he created a "conservative" tune (which i call stage 1, but that's my name for it lol not his) and that ran astoundingly well (and still does - pulls hard in the midrange). then finally he created what he calls the e85 "aggressive" tune (i call stage 2 lol) and that is a monster (imho). it is tuned specifically for actual 85%. the car loves it - it truly comes alive.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
personally, i went with the "all stages" option as i was going to go stage 2 anyway lol and i figured for just an extra $45, it may not be the worst idea to just get them all.

[email protected] (the main tuner there) designed all the staged tunes around a totally stock car, so, though this goes against what most other tuners seem to ask for on this platform, stage 2 would actually run fine w/no bolt-ons, so an air filter and stage 2 would be a great combo. i started with stage 1 and an ams filter and then went to stage 2 when i put in a catless dp (plm brand). i always run 91 octane as well (best we can get around here for gas).

i'm running a custom e85 tune that he designed as i took him up on his offer for e85 tuning, lol (because that addiction to hp is strong ;)). i was the first one to delve into these waters w/him and so he sort of used me as the guinea pig and created a "test" tune which ended up running decently (and also showed that it can run e85 on stock fuel pumps). from there he created a "conservative" tune (which i call stage 1, but that's my name for it lol not his) and that ran astoundingly well (and still does - pulls hard in the midrange). then finally he created what he calls the e85 "aggressive" tune (i call stage 2 lol) and that is a monster (imho). it is tuned specifically for actual 85%. the car loves it - it truly comes alive.
so,

Ask John about 2 topics for me, yeah? if you would be so kind.

regarding a straight E85 tune

What concerns he has with the injector duty cycle
What findings he is seeing with HPFP output, and wear

·
Registered
11 Posts
so,

Ask John about 2 topics for me, yeah? if you would be so kind.

regarding a straight E85 tune

What concerns he has with the injector duty cycle
What findings he is seeing with HPFP output, and wear
feel free to email him at [email protected]mnfastdd.com if you have any specific tune questions (his name is john bushbaum). it would be nice to have someone else try this tune out, lol. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts