Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
Today I picked up my Weistec Downpipe kit... Here are some pics, the overall quality is great and the customer service is awesome.
I hope to have my car back from the dealer in another week. (I had to take the car in for leaking fluid and the part doesn't exist in USA so they gave me a 14-16 days to repair) I will dyno to confirm numbers. (+27HP) and I will follow up with ECU TCU and TRS all with dyno

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Weistec makes some great stuff for the AMG. Congrats! Hoping you will post some videos :)

CKS has a downpipe for the gla250, but without a tune, so it's not a good idea to add a downpipe just yet.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Forgive me for de-reiling your thread, but can you post about your fluid leak in a separate thread so that other GLA45 owners will have a reference point if it happens to them. It's a good way for this site to become a resource for repair issues too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgive me for de-reiling your thread, but can you post about your fluid leak in a separate thread so that other GLA45 owners will have a reference point if it happens to them. It's a good way for this site to become a resource for repair issues too.
I will I just want the full info from the dealer before ranting ;)

Reactions: Boris_Balkan

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I will I just want the full info from the dealer before ranting ;)
Oh absolutely! I get that. thanks. I thought perhaps you already knew all the details.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Have you gotten this downpipe kit installed yet? Just wondering when we can see it on the GLA and also when we can figure out just how much it improves performance for ya.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you gotten this downpipe kit installed yet? Just wondering when we can see it on the GLA and also when we can figure out just how much it improves performance for ya.
wait for my car to get back from the dealer then I will install

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just wondering if this downpipe is made just for LHD cars or it can be fitted on RHD cars as well?

Much thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
All cars.... think we have the same car lol :)

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
All cars.... think we have the same car lol :)
Haha! Almost twins! :) I don't have the pano roof and the rear wing though. :)

The reason for me asking is that in my previous car, BMW 335, the downpipes are different for LHD & RHD cars. So it is great to hear that this GLA downpipe can be fitted on RHD cars. AWESOME!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Forums are good to exchange information on cars, cars vary in spec in different countries... it's good to talk :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am starting to feel the itch to get the Weistec downpipe set too... Can't wait for TS to come back with the install and experience before I pull the trigger and get a set too! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am starting to feel the itch to get the Weistec downpipe set too... Can't wait for TS to come back with the install and experience before I pull the trigger and get a set too! :)
We are putting the GLA on the dyno this afternoon and then installing the DP and the back on the dyno hope to have some numbers later today or tomorrow morning...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here are the results, I'm happy. Weistec pulls it off in my opinion. much more responsive

Here is a small video

Reactions: Boris_Balkan

·
Registered
353 Posts
Oh! Tell me more!!! :)

How's the fitment & finishing? Does the exhaust get louder? I believe on the dyno, you are getting about 10-15whp more?

This is so interesting!!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I'm in love with this thread. And PLEASE post some sound clips!>:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts