Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 MB GLA 45 AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to this community and wanted share some initial thoughts on my new to me GLA45. We finally collected this beauty after days of coordinating with the dealer. We finally had some seat time and have to WOW! What a fun car to drive. We confirmed with the PPI that our car has the Weistec Cat-less downpipe, Weistec ECU tune and their Blow off valve. What a solid piece of kit.
Whoever the prior owner was of this car, Thank You!

For reference we now own a 2016 GLA45 in Cirrus white with the AMG steering wheel, performance exhaust, Aero kit, Premium pack, AMG night pack, CF trim and red brake calipers. 63k miles. The prior owner wrapped all the exterior silver or chrome trim including all badges with matte black, clear bra, 20mm spacers (I think) all around, and paddle extenders (1 is off already), in addition to the Weistec kit.

I have to admit I was unsure about the cat less DP and negotiated with the dealer to replace the DP with the OEM catalytic converter. Which was difficult to source. We decided to take the car home and the dealer will send me the part when it eventually arrives.
After the 2 hour drive home, I’m having second thoughts about replacing the DP and might keep it as is.
I haven’t had this much fun driving a car since my 97 GTI VR6.

Reactions: MeicalNissyen

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Gonzoe, welcome. I've got a 2018 with a Renntech tune, and yes, they are great fun. Sounds like you got a winner.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm sure you would find a high flow air filter install as well if prior owner went to trouble of downpipe, BOV, and ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts