Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would add a quick post for those of you thinking about the WeatherTech cargo liner. I just received it and dropped it in the back of the GLA. The fit is pretty much perfect with one odd exception. In the rear of the of my vehicle I have two cargo net pockets on each side. The WeatherTech liner has accommodations for the indentations but not for the retaining clips that hold the bottom of the cargo net to the floor. If you wanted to, I guess you could always cut a couple small holes for the clips. For me, it doesn't really matter as the top two retaining clips still function.

Note, the liner seems a little warped in the pictures but I just unrolled it from the packaging when I took the pictures so these should go away after the material relaxes a bit.

Here are some pics of the liner and one gratuitous shot of my dog checking it out. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
The WeatherTech Cargo Area Liner is nice! I did a little research and found out that the OEM Mercedes-Benz cargo liner is the exact same price as the WeatherTech cargo liner. In my opinion, I like the OEM cargo liner better but I did ordered the WeatherTech 1st & 2nd row weather mats.:)

·
Registered
694 Posts
How do you like the fitment of it?

I heard at time some of these mats might lift up at the end or ends, but for the most part they seem to be error free.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I ordered the weather techs a day before I saw the MB version, I much prefer the MBs but I couldn't cancel the order and too much of a hassle to return the big boxes so i just stuck with it.

Fitment is great, they are just about as perfect as they come. If there is one minor gripe, it is that they should have extended the rubber in the dead pedal section like the OEM mats does, would be nice to keep that part clean. Posted some pics in this thread: http://www.glaowners.com/forum/exterior-interior/4402-all-weather-floor-mats-3.html#post42642

Reactions: AMGz

·
Registered
694 Posts
I ordered the weather techs a day before I saw the MB version, I much prefer the MBs but I couldn't cancel the order and too much of a hassle to return the big boxes so i just stuck with it.

Fitment is great, they are just about as perfect as they come. If there is one minor gripe, it is that they should have extended the rubber in the dead pedal section like the OEM mats does, would be nice to keep that part clean. Posted some pics in this thread: http://www.glaowners.com/forum/exterior-interior/4402-all-weather-floor-mats-3.html#post42642
Great feedback.

I think eventually we might have to get a poll on what owners end up going with for an overall look, could be many like yourself that would rather get MB mats.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I guess I'm a bit of a dolt but while I did find the cargo liner I wasn't able to find official MB mats at their site or in a search. Anyone have a link to those? Right now I had been leaning toward the Berber Loyds with the ebay piece that matches the brake/accelerator on the dead pedal to protect that area.

·
Registered
470 Posts
crabman, the GLA shares the same liners as the CLA so that should help broaden your search. Both Weather Tech and MB brands are on Amazon too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ok thanks. I hadn't realized we could share floor matts with the CLA. I still don't see anything but the cargo liner at MBs site or at Amazon for the GLA. Lots of stuff from the usual suspects though, weathertec, and so on. Chock it up to being old and inept... :(

·
Registered
470 Posts
Here you go: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/All-weather-Floorliners-CLA-class-GLA-class-vehicles/dp/B00SNNVINO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1435301277&sr=8-5&keywords=gla+mats[/ame]

Reactions: jz1vqp and crabman

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was going to go by and try again with a CLA search instead but now I don't have to, thanks. You've probably no idea how much time you saved me but its substantial, the kvh sat internet connection here on the boat is incredibly slow and amazon is a real trial. However... now that I see them they appear to be great quality but I was hoping for (and expecting) something less industrial. I live in the Pacific Northwest so almost zero snow to worry about and I wont be offroading the 45, course I suspect few 250s will much venture off tarmac either. Gonna have to think about this one, I've used the Loyd's before and the quality and appearance with those is reasonably decent, they feel better under your feet, their protection is fine for wet shoes. They do have to be replaced every year or two in front. Hmmm.... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts