Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a 2017 CPO GLA 250 last week. Enjoying it so far except for one small thing. After looking through the manual several times I can't find a way to have the doors lock automatically when I leave the car. The 2017 CX-5 I traded for the GLA had that feature, as does my 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe. I miss being able to do that, and have had to re-train my brain to either do the door handle lock or push the button on the smart key. Can the wise and knowledgeable members of this forum put this question to rest for me once and for all please? I appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much. Guess I can put the manual away now!

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
Mine locks and unlocks constantly during washing unless I move the key well away from the car (Keyless Go).

It also does the same if I brush up against the handle (of course).

But when the body is wet you don't have to touch the handle specifically.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Same here, when washing the vehicle I have to remember to move the key away a good distance or it's a constant battle with the folding mirrors. o_O

btw: It took my wife awhile to get used to the German way of doing this, similarly coming from a Caddy ATS.

Mine locks and unlocks constantly during washing unless I move the key well away from the car (Keyless Go).

It also does the same if I brush up against the handle (of course).

But when the body is wet you don't have to touch the handle specifically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts