Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just bought a GLA 2016 2.0 diesel manual last week and noticed that the clutch pedal has a vibration when you press it. No problem shifting gears or anything else, it just vibrates all the time. It’s the first time I've owned a manual Mercedes so not sure about the problem.
I went back to the dealership to try getting it fixed and they said that nothing is wrong with the car and it’s something normal and they refused to do anything about it.
Do any of you have any idea what could be? (UK post)

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
Well Lavina, since your countrymates haven't yet checked in I'll offer a few words. As you may know, Diesel engines by their operational nature have more vibration than petrol engines. However, having said that there shouldn't be an irritating clutch pedal vibration. Of course what is irritating is very subjective and very much associated with ones experiences and expectations.
Brit's tend to have more diesels and more manual transmissions than we in the colonies so I trust this isn't your first.
Suggest you try another dealership and/or an independent shop.
As referenced in another thread, female drivers often get far less respect at dealership service centers than male counterparts and their cited issues are often simply dismissed. I hope this is not your case. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Lavina, since your countrymates haven't yet checked in I'll offer a few words. As you may know, Diesel engines by their operational nature have more vibration than petrol engines. However, having said that there shouldn't be an irritating clutch pedal vibration. Of course what is irritating is very subjective and very much associated with ones experiences and expectations.
Brit's tend to have more diesels and more manual transmissions than we in the colonies so I trust this isn't your first.
Suggest you try another dealership and/or an independent shop.
As referenced in another thread, female drivers often get far less respect at dealership service centers than male counterparts and their cited issues are often simply dismissed. I hope this is not your case. :(
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I had another manual many years ago but to be honest was a petrol car not diesel. I am used to automatic now and haven’t drove a manual in a while. Bought this GLA as a family car and me and my partner are both driving it and he says the same thing. We test drive another one, same model and the vibration wasn’t there so I highly doubt that a vibration that hard is a caracteristic of any car even though is a diesel. Every time you press the clutch even if it’s on N or you want to shift gears while driving is there.
I am booked to go to Mercedes next week to have a look at it. Thank you 😊

1 - 3 of 3 Posts