Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a question to those in the US who own 2015 GLA250.

I had Expel Ultimate Paint Protection Film installed this weekend. I was checking it out in my garage tonight, and noticed that the rear tires have carpet like material on the rear fender trims. You know under the fenders, inside? I have read that this is so that there isn't much noise when stones/rocks hit the tires and they bounce.

Now the front doesn't have any, it's just plastic. I can't remember for the life of me if it had that carpet like material before.

Can someoene tell me if your front fenders have that carpet like material as liners? It's driving me nuts as I'm thinking the PPF installer removed it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi everyone. I have a question to those in the US who own 2015 GLA250.

I had Expel Ultimate Paint Protection Film installed this weekend. I was checking it out in my garage tonight, and noticed that the rear tires have carpet like material on the rear fender trims. You know under the fenders, inside? I have read that this is so that there isn't much noise when stones/rocks hit the tires and they bounce.

Now the front doesn't have any, it's just plastic. I can't remember for the life of me if it had that carpet like material before.

Can someoene tell me if your front fenders have that carpet like material as liners? It's driving me nuts as I'm thinking the PPF installer removed it.
I have a 2015 4MATIC and the front is plastic only rear wheel well is covered in felt like material.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have a 2015 4MATIC and the front is plastic only rear wheel well is covered in felt like material.
That is correct for all GLAs regardless of model (180 vs 250 vs AMG45 etc)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would imagine that the difference is that the rear wells connect to the inner vehicle body space where the people are and the sound is more relevant. The fronts are against the engine compartment and not as much of a concern to the occupants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts