Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, glad to find this forum... Most likely am purchasing a CPO 15 GLA45 with 7K miles for 45K (original MSRP 61.8). I have been seriously cross shopping it with the 16 Golf R manual. Sticker around 40K and no discounts. Here are my questions:

1. Has anyone here considered the Golf R and if so, what made you go with the GLK45?
2. I plan on keeping either cars 5-6 years. Both have 4 year warranty (GLA45 has 3 years remaining + 1 CPO). Which one will hold value more? Considering the GLA already took a hit, I would imagine it keep value better, but the Golf R has shown pretty good residuals over the years.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
I'm buying ours for my wife. She wanted to stay in the SUV format. The Golf fell off the map before we even looked at it. The GLA has taken its initial hit. ROI is negative in either case, but I'm sure it will be worse on a new car than one with a bit of use. No numbers to share here, simply life experience.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I personally would go gla45 because you will get a better deal since it's cpo. The golf can be had for invoice if you keep searching.

My reason for gla vs golf, the gla is much more unique car, more power and the noises it make. The golf have simulated noises from the speakers.

Make sure to she test drive the gla45 before you pull the trigger, it's car/hatch than a suv. The duel clutch is love or hate relationship than can make or break the car bases on preferences.

In the long run I think the amg and r will have similar resale values say 5-6 years from now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally would go gla45 because you will get a better deal since it's cpo. The golf can be had for invoice if you keep searching.

My reason for gla vs golf, the gla is much more unique car, more power and the noises it make. The golf have simulated noises from the speakers.

Make sure to she test drive the gla45 before you pull the trigger, it's car/hatch than a suv. The duel clutch is love or hate relationship than can make or break the car bases on preferences.

In the long run I think the amg and r will have similar resale values say 5-6 years from now
Thank you for the response... I took the golf R off the list. I am still debating if to go with the certified one listed above or a non certified (from a MB dealership), also 7k miles but LOADED with a 65K sticker, including the AMG performance package and driver's assistance package, mountain grey color. Question: Is the performance package too stiff for Los Angeles roads as a daily + the 20 inch? I love the look of the car with all the added cosmetics, but am worried about the overly stiff suspension. Haven't driven it yet... I can get this car for 48K (3 years left on warranty and no CPO). THOUGHTS???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm buying ours for my wife. She wanted to stay in the SUV format. The Golf fell off the map before we even looked at it. The GLA has taken its initial hit. ROI is negative in either case, but I'm sure it will be worse on a new car than one with a bit of use. No numbers to share here, simply life experience.
Thank you, great info...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Again I would test drive it for the suspension and the dct. Make sure you like it before committing, it's not for everyone.

Now if gla45 doesn't exist, I would buy myself a glc450/43. Gonna be out very soon. If the c450 is any indication it is not as fast but it's a much better value for the money and a non real amg.

Comes with more space. More comfort, 5 different drive modes, active suspension can still get all the amg goods as an option. And cheaper too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again I would test drive it for the suspension and the dct. Make sure you like it before committing, it's not for everyone.

Now if gla45 doesn't exist, I would buy myself a glc450/43. Gonna be out very soon. If the c450 is any indication it is not as fast but it's a much better value for the money and a non real amg.

Comes with more space. More comfort, 5 different drive modes, active suspension can still get all the amg goods as an option. And cheaper too
Have driven extensively but not with the AMG performance package.... any idea about that suspension?

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
I thought my test drive was soft on the 2016. So I ordered the Adaptive suspension on our soon to be 2017. While I considered it soft, many feel differently. You need to drive it to know what you think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts