Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I managed to get red seatbelts from a wrecked A45. The part number shares with GLA and it is a direct swap.
Sorry for the incomplete photos and information on the install, I'm just trying it out initially but turns to be okay so I did it anyway.

Tools needed:
Torx Bit - T25
Prying tool or flathead screwdriver

Step 1:
Disconnect the battery negative terminal. This is to prevent unnecessary activation of the airbags etc.
Open the both doors on each side and remove the rubber mouldings.
Plant Automotive tire Hood Car Automotive lighting

Step 2:
Remove the upper cover. There are 4 clips holding the cover (2 on each side).
Use a prying tool or flathead screwdriver.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car
Automotive exterior Hood Bumper Gas Auto part

Move the front seats forward to have an ease of access to the seatbelts. Please note to unbolt the bottom part of the seatbelt (using T25 Torx Bit) in order to remove the top cover completely.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

Step 3:

Remove the bottom cover:
1. Pull the top of the cover against the pillar. There are two plastic clip holding it. Easy pull.
2. Once you have pulled the top part and exposed the seatbelt mechanism, the bottom two side sits inside the door moulding of the front and back door.
3. Pull the cover towards the back of the car to remove it from the door moulding at the front first. You will notice while pulling, the cover slides out and it will dislodged itself by pulling away. You can do it either way but I find pulling it towards the rear of the car is much easier.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Hood

Step 4:

Remove the three T25 bolts holding the seatbelt and seatbelt mechanism
Automotive design Luggage and bags Bag Automotive exterior Automotive tire

There are two sockets connected to the seatbelt mechanism. The one in the bottom pic below needs to be pried up (orange tab) by a small flathead or prying tool be removed. The other one is straight forward pull.

Hand Motor vehicle Automotive tire Finger Bicycle part

Tip when putting back the bolts: Start with the middle screw, it is somehow adjustable.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

Step 5:

Put everything back in reverse order and it is all good.
Car Vehicle Seat belt Motor vehicle Car seat cover

I will update this post with final photos once taken.

· Registered
2020 GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
221 Posts
Nicely done, great instructions and photos. Still a little unclear on removing the lower b-pillar.
I advise disconnecting the battery before touching any electrical connectors relating to airbags, seatbelts, or other safety/crash prevention equipment. Codes may appear or malfunctions could occur.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nicely done, great instructions and photos. Still a little unclear on removing the lower b-pillar.
I advise disconnecting the battery before touching any electrical connectors relating to airbags, seatbelts, or other safety/crash prevention equipment. Codes may appear or malfunctions could occur.
I agree with you on the disconnection. I did it anyway but forgot to cite above.

On the lower B pillar cover, this is the best approach:
1. Pull the top of the cover against the pillar. There are two plastic clip holding it. Easy pull.
2. Once you have pulled the top part and exposed the seatbelt mechanism, the bottom two side sits inside the door moulding of the front and back door.
3. Pull the cover towards the back of the car to remove it from the door moulding at the front first. You will notice while pulling, the cover slides out and it will dislodged itself by pulling away. You can do it either way but i find pulling it towards the rear of the car is much easier.

· Registered
314 Posts
Interesting you did not have the red belts to begin with, I see you have the red stitching?

· Registered
1 Posts
I managed to get red seatbelts from a wrecked A45. The part number shares with GLA and it is a direct swap.
Sorry for the incomplete photos and information on the install, I'm just trying it out initially but turns to be okay so I did it anyway.

Tools needed:
Torx Bit - T25
Prying tool or flathead screwdriver

Step 1:
Disconnect the battery negative terminal. This is to prevent unnecessary activation of the airbags etc.
Open the both doors on each side and remove the rubber mouldings.
View attachment 28091

Step 2:
Remove the upper cover. There are 4 clips holding the cover (2 on each side).
Use a prying tool or flathead screwdriver.

View attachment 28092 View attachment 28093

Move the front seats forward to have an ease of access to the seatbelts. Please note to unbolt the bottom part of the seatbelt (using T25 Torx Bit) in order to remove the top cover completely.

View attachment 28094

Step 3:

Remove the bottom cover:
3. Pull the cover towards the back of the car to remove it from the door moulding at the front first. You will notice while pulling, the cover slides out and it will dislodged itself by pulling away. You can do it either way but I find pulling it towards the rear of the car is much easier.

View attachment 28095

Step 4:

Remove the three T25 bolts holding the seatbelt and seatbelt mechanism
View attachment 28096

There are two sockets connected to the seatbelt mechanism. The one in the bottom pic below needs to be pried up (orange tab) by a small flathead or prying tool be removed. The other one is straight forward pull.

View attachment 28098

Tip when putting back the bolts: Start with the middle screw, it is somehow adjustable.

View attachment 28097

Step 5:

Put everything back in reverse order and it is all good.
View attachment 28099

I will update this post with final photos once taken.
It's nice to know there is some useful information.
Nicely done, with great instructions and photos.
deep cleaning service in Singapore

· Registered
280 Posts
Nice.
However, using post accident seat belts for a retrofit may be a bad idea.
I think that seat belts are supposed to be discarded as part of accident repair, not that bodyshops care about doing that.
Now, if the car is a Mercedes with Pre-Safe, the belts are already damaged by that pyrotechnics belt tensioner and may even show a code that is meant to indicate among other things that the belt needs to be replaced.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice.
However, using post accident seat belts for a retrofit may be a bad idea.
I think that seat belts are supposed to be discarded as part of accident repair, not that bodyshops care about doing that.
Now, if the car is a Mercedes with Pre-Safe, the belts are already damaged by that pyrotechnics belt tensioner and may even show a code that is meant to indicate among other things that the belt needs to be replaced.
No worries. The seatbelts came from a written off car due to engine failure not from an accident. We just call it wrecked here as a common terminology.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts