Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the 2016 mode is coming with NTG5, is it possible to upgrade the 2015 model's system to NTG5:|?

·
Registered
136 Posts
forgive my ignorance, but what is NTG5.0?

·
Registered
272 Posts
It seems entirely plausible that it would be as easy as a software update to upgrade, but it could also have something do do with the hardware instead so it is hard to say. If there is an update, they may hold off on offering it right away just to keep some exclusivity for the newest model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It seems entirely plausible that it would be as easy as a software update to upgrade, but it could also have something do do with the hardware instead so it is hard to say. If there is an update, they may hold off on offering it right away just to keep some exclusivity for the newest model.
I read the CLA forum that the radio and the screen has to change together, the resolution output on our current radio will not support screen higher then 5.8. It is possible to swap a new radio and screen in there but that need to be coded by the dealer ($300) an hour labor plus if you get the Nav version you need to buy a new nav disc $300 plus a fan for the system. Someone did it on the CLA forum.

On another note, there is company out there make the same screen upscale the radio to higher pixel and it is a 8" screen. There is 2 version, just the monitor or the one with Andriod OS with GPS which you can run and switch with higher resoltuion and iphone andriod mirroring, $530 vs $850?

NAVIPLUS. COM.AU.

I plan on getting the monitor replacement so I just need to take out 2 screw and re mount the monitor.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I read the CLA forum that the radio and the screen has to change together, the resolution output on our current radio will not support screen higher then 5.8. It is possible to swap a new radio and screen in there but that need to be coded by the dealer ($300) an hour labor plus if you get the Nav version you need to buy a new nav disc $300 plus a fan for the system. Someone did it on the CLA forum.

On another note, there is company out there make the same screen upscale the radio to higher pixel and it is a 8" screen. There is 2 version, just the monitor or the one with Andriod OS with GPS which you can run and switch with higher resoltuion and iphone andriod mirroring, $530 vs $850?

NAVIPLUS. COM.AU.

I plan on getting the monitor replacement so I just need to take out 2 screw and re mount the monitor.

How about, if the car is fitted alredy in COMAND/NAV with 7" screen, will it be work with new 8" screen ... ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Curious about this as well.

Any specific big changes in this upgrade?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Android phones have been picking up pace A LOT, outpacing Apple phones by a lot, even beyond that with other devices that run the same operating systems.... chances are we could see the same thing right here with that system.

Which would you guys prefer, android or apple?

·
Registered
1 Posts
guys who are interested to change ur Benz ntg4.5/4.7 5.8 inch or small screen to a 8 inch HD capacity screen, can pm me or check my facebook info

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts