Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Anyone know if we can can upgrade GLA 2015 to have Apple Carplay? My car doesn't have the technology package, just standard audio system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hello An Le and welcome to the GLA Owners forum! Your question has gotten a tremendous amount of discussion over the last 18 months, and sadly, the community consensus, backed up with some personal experience here since it wasn't available when my GLA250 was built, is that it's not doable without the multi-media package, and then only model year 2016 forward. If you search on "Apple CarPlay" in the search box on the upper right, you will find many links to previous discussion here. Also search on "Android Auto," it's essentially the same question and answer.

We look forward to hearing about your GLA and some photos too!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yep, I was pretty bummed when I found out it couldn't be added to the GLA without having the Multimedia package from the factory. Here's the most recent tread on the topic, and the results of one member's attempts to get it installed:

CarPlay/Android Auto

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is touch screen.

I cannot post links because I don't have enough posts. Go to aliexpress.com and do a search for
9.33' Android Touch Screen Multimedia Player Stereo Display navigation GPS for Mercedes Benz A CLA GLA CLass 2013-2015 NTG4.5

The CarPlay dongle can be bought from the same vendor.

·
Registered
450 Posts
It is touch screen.

I cannot post links because I don't have enough posts. Go to aliexpress.com and do a search for
9.33' Android Touch Screen Multimedia Player Stereo Display navigation GPS for Mercedes Benz A CLA GLA CLass 2013-2015 NTG4.5

The CarPlay dongle can be bought from the same vendor.
Thanks. This won't work for my 2016 NTG5.1. But hey it's really very nice!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
How much did it cost you to retrofit it?

I would love to be able to retrofit my car too. Do you remember how much did it cost you to retrofit it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,

Anyone know if we can can upgrade GLA 2015 to have Apple Carplay? My car doesn't have the technology package, just standard audio system.

Thanks!
I got some useful information from CarPlay Smart Box .And I bought a CarPlay from this company some days ago.I will tell you my use experience after I install it.Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts