Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my GLA since August 23rd. On two occasions I've had to start the car three time to get it to stay running (perhaps an anti-theft system >:D). I am off to the only dealer in the entire state of VT next week to have the issue diagnosed but I was wondering if any other forum members have experienced a similar issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,407 Posts
Some of us have had mysterious shutdowns and and quick auto-recovery while driving (all electronics dropping off), but this sounds like a first report on hard to start and keep running since I've been on the forum. Please let us know what you learn, and good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of us have had mysterious shutdowns and and quick auto-recovery while driving (all electronics dropping off), but this sounds like a first report on hard to start and keep running since I've been on the forum. Please let us know what you learn, and good luck!
Thanks! I will know something (I hope) next week.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So because there were no error codes and the car did not repeat the problem, there was nothing to repair. They did do a state inspection for free which was appreciated. Hope it was just a weird car gremlin which will not reoccur!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've just had my GLA since August 23rd. On two occasions I've had to start the car three time to get it to stay running (perhaps an anti-theft system >:D). I am off to the only dealer in the entire state of VT next week to have the issue diagnosed but I was wondering if any other forum members have experienced a similar issue.
Sorry I'm late to this thread but I have similar issues w/ my 2015 which has the start button option installed. I will start the car and then it will die within 10 seconds. Second, or sometimes third time will get it going. Intermittent and I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. (Maybe I need to hold the button in longer??) Anyway it seems to be fairly rare (although it once happened when I was trying to escape a brush fire which was NOT cool).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts