Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
The perception of the color does change quite a bit depending on the light. Hard to capture in photos, really.

Attachments

Reactions: SPARKALINA

·
Registered
61 Posts
GS23 love the wheels on your ride, what size are they plus are they oem Mercedes not seen them before, must be new for 2015 cars..

·
Registered
68 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
They are far nicer than Euro spec car wheels for 19" amg will need the Mercedes part number to see if available here for winters as I have black another colour would be nicer..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's the MB website picture of the GLA45 in universe blue per the USA online configurator...very different from what you see in person. Also, I've included the website picture of the Ash leather which appears more grey than in reality (see third pic of my car taken in late afternoon). My Ash leather is almost bone white in color rather than an overt shade of grey. I don't mind because it's quite attractive, similar to my 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring leather interior color scheme.
The burl walnut is also a shade or two darker than what you see on the website; hard to see the grain pattern under a majority of lighting conditions.

I've probably mentioned this in another thread, but I was not going to order the car until I could see the Universe Blue in person. It's a rare color here. There was only one Universe Blue GLA in stock locally, in Santa Monica. My wife and I went to look at it and I found it intriguing, but my wife's reaction was negative. But she said since it's going to be my car, I could order what I wanted. When I went to put down my deposit and order, the salesman was wary since he'd not seen the color before and didn't think it would be very sellable, in case I backed out and he would be stuck with it. There was one B-Class on the lot in Universe Blue, so we looked at it and he somewhat reluctantly agreed to go ahead with the order. However, after arrival, he raved about the color and said several people wanted to sell the car out from under me. Even my wife is now very smitten with the color and my friends, relatives and colleagues all say it's beautiful.

I've only seen an handful of GLA's on the streets so far. As for Universe Blue I only yesterday first saw another car (CLA) in this color.

In my opinion, this is the first really good blue MB has had in decades, so I hope the poor representation in their marketing materials doesn't doom it to oblivion.

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
It's sad that mercedes didn't include a photo that provided better direction on what the color could be like in real life.

On the plus side, I never realized how good this color is with red calipers :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, indeed! At first I thought the red calipers would be too flashy. After my test drive appointment with my salesman, I wanted to wait a couple of weeks before placing the order just to be sure of my option selections (and to give myself time to test drive a couple of other cars). Over that interim period I decided that, what the heck, a little flashiness is good! And only $300 ;). I have no regrets. But the wait in ordering did mean the production date was almost two months later than it would have been if I had ordered it the same day as the test drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes I got Universe Blue as well and the salesman here in Australia (Gosford) even got the color wrong (luckily my wife double checked), as they had a CLA on show and it looked great so we ordered it....... took 10 months to take delivery, yep 10 months, not because of the color but as worldwide orders were far exceeding production MB stopped manufacturing until they caught up. Even the dealer principal was excited with how it looks, we had hesitations ordering it as no one new how it would look ( I bet the dealer is pushing it now) but it certainly is impressive...... very pleased.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Reading the thread in this forum on the 2016 MY changes, Universe Blue is being replaced by Kryptonite Green, at least for the GLA. I'm glad I got mine when I did! I've only seen 1 or 2 other MB's in Universe Blue on the street here SoCal, most recently a B-Class.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Check out the thread "2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45 Dealer Ordering Guide." Universe Blue is still available, contrary to earlier reports. Hooray!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've not seen confirmation on the blue or the other inconsistencies in the guide. MBs first official announcement about the 16 GLA said specifically "Introduction of Kryptonite Green metallic (175), replaces Universe Blue" while the guide possesses a color swatch for it. I'm not sure which way is right but a grain or two of salt might be justified until we get more information.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've not seen confirmation on the blue or the other inconsistencies in the guide. MBs first official announcement about the 16 GLA said specifically "Introduction of Kryptonite Green metallic (175), replaces Universe Blue" while the guide possesses a color swatch for it. I'm not sure which way is right but a grain or two of salt might be justified until we get more information.
Kryptonite Green is listed as December availability. Perhaps Universe Blue will continue to be available for the first several months of 2016 production. Until Kryptonite replaces it in December.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was wondering the same myself. I later notice that the manual lists the rear badges as switching sides but the renders show them on the same side as 15. You also have the new Beige/Black interior that they said was coming but is not mentioned at all in the order guide and the 7" screen is listed as in the multimedia option while the A45 is definitely getting the 8"and German GLA configurator shows the 8" screen in the renders. So you have other inconsistencies as well, I've no guess on any of them.

Speaking of renders and inconsistency did any ever notice that the GLA 45 configurator does not show the exterior cladding? Its clean all around like the A45. Accidental?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You might be thankful for not going blue, those can show scratches much easier than white. But that depends on how picky you are about your paints finish.
The other thing I've heard and generally observe to be true is that blue shades are quickest to degrade in intense sun climates. But even with that, the metallic blue was our first choice. Appreciate your perspective, however!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Universe Blue no longer shows up as a color choice.
I guess we all got "limited edition" GLAs then!
As of today 10/28/2015 the GLA45 AMG configurator shows neither Universe Blue or the new green. Today I got a printout of my order scheduled for decade 12/01 in Elbait Green, code 175. (My dealer has never heard of Kryptonite Green code 175). I'm thinking that cars produced in September October November were available in Universe Blue, replaced by Elbait/Kryptonite Green starting in December. Perhaps to avoid confusion MB omitted both colors from the configurator until later in the model year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.