1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All ,

Very
new to this forum [Actually my first post in any type of forums :) ]

I dont really store any songs in my iphone 6 but only in ipod [ touch gen 2 ].
My GLA came with Media Interface cable for iphone6 . If i try to connect the ipod via USB, its not recognized as AUX or USB media. Unable to add it as independent BT audio. As of now I had to add ipod as a phone via BT phone and now either I can use ipod to listen to songs via BT or leave my phone paired. Any better ways for me to tackle this?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello All ,

Very
new to this forum [Actually my first post in any type of forums :) ]

I dont really store any songs in my iphone 6 but only in ipod [ touch gen 2 ].
My GLA came with Media Interface cable for iphone6 . If i try to connect the ipod via USB, its not recognized as AUX or USB media. Unable to add it as independent BT audio. As of now I had to add ipod as a phone via BT phone and now either I can use ipod to listen to songs via BT or leave my phone paired. Any better ways for me to tackle this?
Do you have the premium package? Does the gen 2 iPod Touch have the 30-pin or Lightning connector? If you have the Premium package, all you need is the correct cable. My GLA came with a Lightning connector and I bought a new iPod Touch on which to put all of my music. It's works like a charm.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
My GLA came with the Lightening connector. But my iPods are older 30 pin versions. My salesman took a 30 pin out of a CLA and gave it to me. After that it was plug and play.

Ask your dealer. They should hook you up with a free Lightening cable.

Reactions: Xtheunknown

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My GLA came with the Lightening connector. But my iPods are older 30 pin versions. My salesman took a 30 pin out of a CLA and gave it to me. After that it was plug and play.

Ask your dealer. They should hook you up with a free Lightening cable.

Thank you both!

I found a way to use both ipod and iphone via bluetooth audio option [atleast for now ]. In Audio -> Blutooth Audio we can select the device to play songs from and similarly under phone we can select the phone .. Note that iphod and phone will be listed as two phones and audio devices .. Will followup with Delear to score a interface cable just incase.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone know the part# for the 30 pin connector?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thank you both!

I found a way to use both ipod and iphone via bluetooth audio option [atleast for now ]. In Audio -> Blutooth Audio we can select the device to play songs from and similarly under phone we can select the phone .. Note that iphod and phone will be listed as two phones and audio devices .. Will followup with Delear to score a interface cable just incase.
That will work, but the search options are limited. Get the cable, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Just took delivery on our 2016 GLA250. It has only two USB ports in the console box...plug in for charging or connect your iPhone as an iPod. There are no other jacks or cable attachments. I see the music album artwork from my iPhone, but as someone suggested in another thread, it is a split graphic in resolution, top is less sharp than the bottom. Hopefully a future software update will address that. My iPhone is recognized via the Media mode, which also recognized a Bluetooth connection to the iPhone, and two different components, so to speak. In this case using my iPhone as an iPod. No special cable was required, just the thunderbolt jack-to-USB cable that came with the iPhone charger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So what's the verdict? 2016 GLA250 with premium package and Harman Kardon audio. It doesn't recognize my iPhone 6 using Apple's original lightning connector.
Mine recognized just fine, plugged into port two. (The one with the phone symbol next to it.) The car won't default to that port initially, when you choose media it will tell you there is nothing connected until you specifically select that port.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Strange that I can't get my phone to show up even though I set it up to that plug.

Also, does the HK system have a subwoofer? i find it strange that at +10 the bass is very far from enough.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Strange that I can't get my phone to show up even though I set it up to that plug.
My iPhone when connected by cable shows up on either of the two USB outlets. Not sure which one(s) to check, but do you have any iPhone setting that might be blocking it? That said, the only difference I noted from streaming Bluetooth audio was the not-so-great album art graphic. So for the short trips that we do, Bluetooth is fine. But I understand wanting all options to work as we think they should...because they are there! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Funny that eventually, after around 5 minutes, the phone is recognized by the system. When I use iPod Touch, the iPod got recognized in about 30 seconds.

I'm still bugged about the fact that I can't access music register (HDD) unlike my C250 and also the severe lack of bass on the HK system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The bass is indeed weak. The sub is under the rear hatch floor with the amp and it ain't very big. If they were going to take up the spare tire well then you think they could've at least put a decent sized sub in there. You might be able to add an aftermarket sub, but MB has probably used some sort of proprietary whacked method of connecting the sub. I haven't bothered to research it yet.

The wife's iPhone came right up when we connected it. We keep an iPod in the car connected with music so the iPhone doesn't get connected often. I can confirm an iPod nano 2nd gen does *not* work. It's recognized, but never gets activated. The 5th gen iPod classic we had been using started having problems so got the nano off craigslist to see if it would work. Have a 5th gen nano on the way, which should work. Would've just put everything on a flash drive, but the wife uses iTunes and it's just easier to use an iDevice of some sort.

David

·
Registered
52 Posts
The bass is indeed weak. The sub is under the rear hatch floor with the amp and it ain't very big. If they were going to take up the spare tire well then you think they could've at least put a decent sized sub in there. You might be able to add an aftermarket sub, but MB has probably used some sort of proprietary whacked method of connecting the sub. I haven't bothered to research it yet.

The wife's iPhone came right up when we connected it. We keep an iPod in the car connected with music so the iPhone doesn't get connected often. I can confirm an iPod nano 2nd gen does *not* work. It's recognized, but never gets activated. The 5th gen iPod classic we had been using started having problems so got the nano off craigslist to see if it would work. Have a 5th gen nano on the way, which should work. Would've just put everything on a flash drive, but the wife uses iTunes and it's just easier to use an iDevice of some sort.

David
I'll be taking my GLA back to the dealer. It's driving me insane when a system with subwoofer produces a whole lotbless bass than my BW GTI Dynaudio system which has no subwoofer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.