Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, my apologies for any grammatical errors, I live in the Netherlands and English isn't my native language.
I have a 'mountain grey' GLA but like the matte finish 'Designo mountain grey' also very much. So I was thinking to partially wrap my car with XPEL Stealth film and create a two-tone 'mountain grey' glossy-matte finish look that also protects the paint simultaneously.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your English is very good. I was just in your country (visited Amsterdam on the way to Germany and Switzerland) and was impressed with how everyone spoke English…says something about your education system.

Anyway, there are many who like the gloss-matte combo in accent stripes to side body inserts… IMO it comes off quite well in certain colors… here are a few examples (the Ford Mustang crowd really seem to have embraced the gloss-matte combo concept)

Good luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The all black Mustang is what I had in mind.

I think at my age (46 close to 50) one shouldn't go for a screamish sporty two-tone contrast look, but because people my age are still very young at heart I figured I would go for a sophisticated two tone glossy-matte finish.

I'm not very creative but I'll give it a try and photoshop and see how it turns out!!!
I will be posting some photoshopped studies here shortly and await your feedback

·
Registered
355 Posts
This looks very interesting! Hope to see the end result.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts