Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried pulling a trailer with a jet ski or 2? I don't have the 4 matic so I'm wondering if the front wheel drive tires would spin out pulling a trailer with jet skis out of the boat launch ramp.
The jet skis are only about 500lb each plus trailer weight.

I was looking on YouTube and saw some 2 wheel drive trucks get stuck and even back slide into the water, but they were pulling boats out.
There's some cars pulling boats out, even a prius lol, but their launch ramp was not a steep incline.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update, I ended up buying a trailer hitch kit and wiring kit from E-trailer.com works great. I've been to several boat launch ramps that are steep and even the front wheel drive GLA250 has no problem pulling a full size jet ski and trailer that weighs close to 2,000 pounds. The only sketchy thing is the electronic parking brake when your on the ramp and just paranoid it malfunctions and in the car goes to the water lol. freeway towing through mountains was no problem. The car does start to shake if you go above 75mph though. The GLA250 can tow up to 4,000lbs!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts