Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a tow bar made for the GLA yet. I'm might do some light towing (utility trailer etc.), but my main thought is for a bicycle rack. If I go across the country, I don't think two bicycles on top of the car is particularly fuel efficient. I want a rack on the back. Westfalia offers one in the UK, but I'm not seeing anything here in the US. It sounds like the Brits pull "Caravans" around all the time. I'm also hearing things like "back bumper modifications." I don't like the sound of that. Anyone??

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Reactions: AMGz

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been thinking of this as well...hopefully to pull a lightweight teardrop camper.

In case this helps. Some info I have found. The GLA only has a (non-US) rating of 1500lbs (680Kg) combined towing capacity. that means that you need to subtract the passengers and cargo from that list when considering towing an object. Even though the following information was pulled from the US User's Manual, I was told that the towing has not been formally certified by MB for towing the US and that is why there is no current OEM tow option... sigh.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts