Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
New to the site and the Mercedes world.
Started from an Acura then a Lexus to a Honda and now I'm here. World of a difference compared to Japanese cars. I'm currently leasing a 2016 GLA250 4matic and loving it so far.

I've read the tire sticky and other posts but I wanted to know if any Ontario drivers had an issue's with their cars and specifically with their run flat tires? I didn't purchase the tire/rim protection.

Debating which way to go about since I have to return the tires at end of lease:
Purchase new winter tires now and save the run flats for spring/summer and alternate or;
Use the run flats now and purchase regular tires when they need to be replaced?
Thought's/Advice?

Also, I found a shop in North York that will do 17" Blizzaks on Alloys for $1300 tax in.
Anyone find anything better?

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just find them to be very noisy. I go to Steelcase Tires and Rims (Woodbine and Steeles) just because they are closer to my home. Your pricing seems to be very good, though. Do you lease or finance? If you lease and don't drive a lot, my previous Gislaved tires lasted about 45,000km both winter and summer. I didn't even bother changing the tires to summer. Just use them all year long.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Live in North York too. Would you mine sharing the shop name. I might ask them about a compact spare since I'm concerned about going flat in some country road miles away from the nearest MB dealer.

Thanks.

(2016 GLA 250 with run flats)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts