Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still not through the first 1,000 miles, but I got antsy and installed the TMC AutoFlash this morning. I paid USD $1038 for both the AutoFlash and Tuning Box (Piggyback ECU) including shipping.

Painless to install. After the 30 second download through the OBD port, I let the car idle for 10 minutes (5 minutes were recommended), and off I went.

Initial thoughts: I've only used it in E mode so far in a mix of highway and city driving. From a full stop, the shift from 1st to 2nd is a lot smoother (still not perfect) and around town, it seems to hold on to 3rd and 4th gears longer - the E mode rev limits in 1st and 2nd are definitely higher than stock.

I tried a few manual shifts as well - shift speed seems about the same.

After a week or so, I'll post up more about my experience with it. But so far, I am really digging the change. The DCT now acts more like the Audi DSG I was used to in my last car. But with the DTE PedalBox installed too (which I did not have in the Audi), its feels even more responsive.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It appears that the system you note is for the GLA200/220/250 series and not for the GLA45. Is that how you understand their products?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears that the system you note is for the GLA200/220/250 series and not for the GLA45. Is that how you understand their products?
TMC makes one for the 45 engine too. The A45 is really popular in the UK from what I understand.

Reactions: SSBGLA45

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the E mode rev limits in 1st and 2nd are definitely higher than stock.
EDIT: Meant to say the shift points, not rev limits.

·
Registered
816 Posts
TMC makes one for the 45 engine too. The A45 is really popular in the UK from what I understand.
Excellent…did not see the GLA45 info…thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: after about a week, I'm still enjoying the purchase/improvement.

The 1st gear torque curve is still a little wonky, but I suspect it's because I did mostly city driving with lots of traffic right after install (during the learning phase). I'm going to reset it and try again once I add the piggyback ECU tune next month.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perfectly well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
would you retting my gla ecu tuned then? I want tro try it to see if it's worth it, I feel my car is underpowered :(
gla 180 1.6 petrol 122bhp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts