Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just picked up her new GLA, it has Bridgestone, Dueler 400 H/L tires. Has anyone else received a new GLA with Bridgestone tires? I'm asking, because I noticed the few GLAs I saw, at the dealer, had Continentals mounted are the cars. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I asked my salesman what tires would come on my custom build and he said there was no way to predict as there are a number of OEM tires used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses. Another question, were the tires in your GLAs inflated to the recommended 44psi? My wife's car came with 38psi in the front and 33psi in the rear tires. I have adjusted them to the recommended inflation. Anyone else have such low inflation psi on their car, when it was delivered?

·
Registered
94 Posts
My understanding is that 44psi is the maximum for a heavily-laden car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife just picked up her new GLA, it has Bridgestone, Dueler 400 H/L tires. Has anyone else received a new GLA with Bridgestone tires? I'm asking, because I noticed the few GLAs I saw, at the dealer, had Continentals mounted are the cars. Thanks for your responses.
Mine came with the Bridgestones run-flats and I couldn't be happier. It appears those Conti's come with the flat repair kit and are not run-flats. I asked my salesperson how they determine which car comes with the run-flats or the repair kit but no one at the dealer could say for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the boards...is it not riding rough all the way up at 44 psi?
I have the Bridgestones. 44 psi ride was way to rough so I dropped all 4 down to 35 psi. There's a noticeable improvement in ride quality but that may come at the price of slightly lower fuel economy and tire life.......a trade off I'm willing to make.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the Bridgestones. 44 psi ride was way to rough so I dropped all 4 down to 35 psi. There's a noticeable improvement in ride quality but that may come at the price of slightly lower fuel economy and tire life.......a trade off I'm willing to make.
I still don't consider 35 psi to be over inflated. At 44 psi your fuel efficiency gains (minuscule) were artificial anyways IMO.

The only way you can comfortably run 44 psi is if you have 70's era Eldorado plush suspension ;):D

·
Registered
205 Posts
My understanding is that 44psi is the maximum for a heavily-laden car.
If that's what the tires state that's not what you want to run the tires at. As you state that is a max inflation pressure for that tire. Look for the tire pressure sticker all vehicles have that give you the recommended front/rear inflation for the vehicle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If that's what the tires state that's not what you want to run the tires at. As you state that is a max inflation pressure for that tire. Look for the tire pressure sticker all vehicles have that give you the recommended front/rear inflation for the vehicle.
Typically MB has placed the recommended tire pressure for OEM tires on the inside of the gas door lid. I tend to run a tad bit lower in the summer as the air expands when it heats up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Typically MB has placed the recommended tire pressure for OEM tires on the inside of the gas door lid. I tend to run a tad bit lower in the summer as the air expands when it heats up.

Thank you, HP! You had the answer I was looking for. I checked gas lid and the truth was revealed!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Anyone looking to ditch the stock rubber?
I did. WORLD of difference from those OEM run flats... I also went up in size a little to 245/45 (see sig)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tire pressure gauge vs Infosys

I checked my stock Continental summer tires externally. 35 pounds all around. But the Infosys pressure monitor has them at 40 front and 36 rear. Is there a way to recalibrate the monitor to reality?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine came with Yoko's. 45 profile. Yoko's surprised the heck out of me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts