Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
My understanding is that Park locks the transmission to avoid uncontrolled rolling. When you press the Park button it also sets the parking brake. By pulling the parking brake release lever you release the pad pressure but the car won't roll.

·
Super Moderator
162 Posts
I assume you shift to neutral after opening the door or do you climb out the window stock car style lol

Nope, you can do it with the door open and leave it open. I do it without the engine running. Keep your foot on the brake. Put it in accessory, then put it in neutral. You should be free-wheeling now. If it gives you a warning, put your foot on the brake and push P, then put back into N. You may have to pull the parking break too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope, you can do it with the door open and leave it open. I do it without the engine running. Keep your foot on the brake. Put it in accessory, then put it in neutral. You should be free-wheeling now. If it gives you a warning, put your foot on the brake and push P, then put back into N.
Ahh ok cool, in the past i've idled for a minute or 2 and popped the hood not powered down after hard lapping.

341 - 346 of 346 Posts