Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

281 - 300 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
3. "Start-off assist" which is a derivative of the AMG Race Start feature for the non-AMG vehicles. Search for it as a keyword in the Operator's Manual on the Comand system and it will list the necessary steps.
I'm curious if anywhere on the dash/gauge cluster it says this "mode" has been enabled. When I tried it, I didn't see anything, but maybe I didn't follow the steps exactly... Anyone with a non-AMG want to confirm if they get an indication or not when engaging the start-off assist?

·
Registered
149 Posts
After the test, no GPS indication in the center dash with Android Auto for me, Waze or Maps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i tried, it work for both waze and google.
but
waze or google must be running on your android auto. it it is not running it wont work or if you lost gps signal (as your waze and gmap using your phone gps) it just disappear, and will come back when gps connection available

they call my model gla200 2018 version eventhough i bought it August 2017

Sent from my Vivo V9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
running meaning you must have destination set and use it for navigation. because the center console suppose to show where are you heading.

if i am not mistaken, the merz sd card, if you have, will show north/south/east/west if you not using for navigation and of course android auto but be disconnected.

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oups.. you are right..

From what i remember on mine, it doesn't work with the center display. Maybe it work with Waze but not Google Maps.. I will try later.
Looking forward to your response :)

I dont have Android Auto to test this - if it does integrate, another reason to switch to an Android instead of an iPhone ;-)

·
Registered
29 Posts
running meaning you must have destination set and use it for navigation. because the center console suppose to show where are you heading.

if i am not mistaken, the merz sd card, if you have, will show north/south/east/west if you not using for navigation and of course android auto but be disconnected.

Maybe the integration on the dashboard works only with Facelift models?

I have a 2016 car and it certainly just says 'Carplay Active' for an iPhone. Not sure what it says when Android Auto is there.

ahhl, do you also see music information when you play music on the instrument cluster dashboard?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe the integration on the dashboard works only with Facelift models?

I have a 2016 car and it certainly just says 'Carplay Active' for an iPhone. Not sure what it says when Android Auto is there.

ahhl, do you also see music information when you play music on the instrument cluster dashboard?
i rarely play music but radio, yes. and yes you can see radio channels and scroll thru it using steering buttons, even with android auto connected.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm curious if anywhere on the dash/gauge cluster it says this "mode" has been enabled. When I tried it, I didn't see anything, but maybe I didn't follow the steps exactly... Anyone with a non-AMG want to confirm if they get an indication or not when engaging the start-off assist?
No, there is no indication that you activate Start-off assist. It took me a few tries to figure out how to, but when you get it right the GLA really flies off the line!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Interesting, now I have to go for a drive.

3. "Start-off assist" which is a derivative of the AMG Race Start feature for the non-AMG vehicles. Search for it as a keyword in the Operator's Manual on the Comand system and it will list the necessary steps.

http://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/cars..._48.shtml:ID_ea4fa9ac0c9fd69d35477e680b380b38

Start-off assist enables optimum acceleration from a standstill. For this, a suitably high-grip road surface is required; the tyres and vehicle must also be in good condition. Do not activate start-off assist on public roads.
Activating start-off assist
Deactivate ESP.
Turn the steering wheel to the straight-ahead position.
Depress the brake pedal hard with your left foot and keep it depressed.
Shift the transmission to position D.
Use the DYNAMIC SELECT button to select the S (sic Sport) drive program more.
Quickly depress the accelerator pedal fully.
Take your foot off the brake, but keep the accelerator pedal depressed.
The vehicle pulls away at maximum acceleration.

Edit [Grin widely]

Activate ESP® as soon as the acceleration process has ended.
ESP® will otherwise not be able to stabilise the vehicle if the vehicle starts to skid or a wheel starts to spin.

Cancelling start-off assist
Remove your foot from the accelerator pedal.
Reactivate ESP®.
i have not tried this before, and from my experience when quickly accelerate (without start-off assist) from standstill, when it move, the steering feels very very very very light ( even in sport mode)

so i dare not to try this:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fellow GLA Owners - how did I get this menu up on my Comand 20 screen ?

Brian fade ......

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can't say this is new, but while vacuuming the car today, I noticed a small plastic handle just underneath both front seats. Thought maybe it was a small storage area, but to my delight, they actually extend the length of the seats! Tried it out and love it in that position, a bit more comfortable than it already is!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fellow GLA Owners - how did I get this menu up on my Comand 20 screen ?

Brain fade ......
Press the "Red Hang Up" button on the centre console and the keys 7 and 9 all at the same time and hold for 10 seconds or so !

Engineering Mode is supposed to be "Red Hang Up" and 1 3 # but I could not get that to work.

GC

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Key Fob

Any tips for pairing a new replacement key fob to car, after receiving unprogrammed from dealer.. trying to avoid going back for a service appt to have done.

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
You need to update your profile to location and year and model of your GLA. This is worldwide form and different countries and year model can be different.

In the upper right click on USER CP and follow directions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried the limited unlock feature where if you press the unlock button on your key fob once, only the driver door will be unlocked, the rest will remained locked. you need to press the unlock button again to unlock all the doors including the rear.

This is key fob specific i.e. you need to program it individually if you have more than 1 key fob.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not picked up my GLA45 AMG yet but the main thing I think I have leant from this thread is that people really should read their owners manual as most of the things discussed are in there (been reading the online manual in anticipation of picking up next week..)

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
Not picked up my GLA45 AMG yet but the main thing I think I have leant from this thread is that people really should read their owners manual as most of the things discussed are in there (been reading the online manual in anticipation of picking up next week..)
YES! Reading the manual is the way to find out how things work and how you can customize things to your liking. On another car form many times I have seen RTFM as answer to questions.

281 - 300 of 317 Posts