Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hello All,

So I have been reading through this thread and have noticed a few things hat I have tried to get to work but no luck.

First, trying to use the key fob to roll up/down the windows. While standing 2 feet away from the drivers door, I have pressed the unlock, let go, then hold down the unlock... car unlocks itself but the windows are not rolling down. I have also tried the opposite by first rolling down the windows, then using the fob lock button to get them to roll up... nothing.

Second, using the recirculating button to roll up windows and close sunroof. I tried this first just parked in the garage with the car running, that didn't work. So I thought I must need to be driving... that didn't work. Both times I pressed the recirculating button down for 3,5, then 10 seconds with nothing happening each time.

Lastly, I know there are other threads on adding apple car play but I find the info to be not consistent. Mostly it's a "NO" but i have had a glimmer of hope for a few reads that have said it depends on when the 2015 was made. Do I have chance?

Thanks in advance!
It could be a regin/country thing but in the US most cars will have the window roll down/up feature.

Its most likely your key fob battery, when it runs low it will stop this feature until you replaced with a new one.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Hello All,

So I have been reading through this thread and have noticed a few things hat I have tried to get to work but no luck.

First, trying to use the key fob to roll up/down the windows. While standing 2 feet away from the drivers door, I have pressed the unlock, let go, then hold down the unlock... car unlocks itself but the windows are not rolling down. I have also tried the opposite by first rolling down the windows, then using the fob lock button to get them to roll up... nothing.
I think you have to have Keyless Go before the key fob can do these functions. In general, I don't think 2015s had that, at least not the early ones. The 2015 GLA owners manual doesn't even mention Keyless Go.

Reactions: rayman

·
Registered
14 Posts
Turbolink- I do have "USA Pacific NW" in my user profile. I see it after my post but I do guess that it doesn't show on the left under my user name... I'll try to fix that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any model built in 2016 should have Keyless go. Mine was released on the 11th of February 2016, and it's got CarPlay and Keyless go and Comand Online.

Anything built before December 2015, would have smaller screens too and not Comand Online.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Any model built in 2016 should have Keyless go. Mine was released on the 11th of February 2016, and it's got CarPlay and Keyless go and Comand Online.

Anything built before December 2015, would have smaller screens too and not Comand Online.
In the US, Keyless Start was standard in 2016, however the expanded Keyless Go (fob allows keyless door entry) was an option. Again, likely difference in models, series, and geographic regions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In the US, Keyless Start was standard in 2016, however the expanded Keyless Go (fob allows keyless door entry) was an option. Again, likely difference in models, series, and geographic regions.
Yes, I have a Base 2017 and I have Keyless Start, but not Keyless Go.

Interestingly, I can get the windows to roll down with Unlock, but the Auto-close via the Recirc button doesn't work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think you have to have Keyless Go before the key fob can do these functions. In general, I don't think 2015s had that, at least not the early ones. The 2015 GLA owners manual doesn't even mention Keyless Go.
Mine is a 2015, made, I think, in the spring of 2015. It has KeylessGo. It will roll down the windows and open the sunroof from quite a distance away. I have not been able to have it close windows and sunroof.

·
Registered
450 Posts
ahhl- I have tried what you have suggested and it does not work. Have you tried this yourself on a GLA? I have heard that this function has been available on MB for some time. I am curious if needed to get some option that I do not have to make the tunnel function and windows up/down with the lockunlock. Or is this all standard on 2015 GLA250 and I am having user error difficulties...

Turbolink- do you know?

When I had a C230, I had the same issue, I had to resync my sunroof and windows. In my C230, the feature was flaky even after resync, it will work for a period of time and then it would not, I had to resync it. But so far, I've never needed to resync my MY2016 GLA250. Also, when attempting to use your remote to do this, you need to be standing where the drive door is pointing to the driver door handle.

Check this out. It may help.

https://youtu.be/hBPc2PIpHl0

https://youtu.be/rEzwfrgbJak

·
Registered
76 Posts
Whilst trying to get the HMI (Human Machine Interface) version of my COMAND System to troubleshoot Apple CarPlay (fail) I found that with music playing from a SD card if you hit the # key it will pop up the full Album Name and full Track Name - for those long ones. Still should have a scroll option !

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Whilst trying to get the HMI (Human Machine Interface) version of my COMAND System to troubleshoot Apple CarPlay (fail) I found that with music playing from a SD card if you hit the # key it will pop up the full Album Name and full Track Name - for those long ones. Still should have a scroll option !

I like your musical taste :)

Reactions: Gary Carter

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks for that-it works on my 2015 for radio and for the thumbdrive plugged into the multimedia center. I haven't tried the CD player yet, but I bet it works on that too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was researching vehicles for my daughter (and ending up with the GLA) and came across this site below which was very helpful to show what options were included on the vehicle from the factory. I could quickly tell if it had Appleplay, Nav, etc. When buying used it was extremely helpful but hope you find it valuable.

Also thanks to all on this thread, was very helpful to me, too!!

Well it will be in the next post because I add in my first one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was researching vehicles for my daughter (and ending up with the GLA) and came across this site below which was very helpful to show what options were included on the vehicle from the factory. I could quickly tell if it had Appleplay, Nav, etc. When buying used it was extremely helpful but hope you find it valuable.

Also thanks to all on this thread, was very helpful to me, too!!

Well it will be in the next post because I add in my first one.
well I dont have posting priveleges so

Here you go>>>. https://www.datamb.com/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here are some cool features I found on my 2016 GLA 250 4matic:

1. If your car is equipped with the Ambient Lighting, there is a "welcome effect" mode which cycles through different colors throughout the car when you open a door.

2. 2016+ models have a thigh extension in the seat that pulls out.

3. "Start-off assist" which is a derivative of the AMG Race Start feature for the non-AMG vehicles. Search for it as a keyword in the Operator's Manual on the Comand system and it will list the necessary steps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Interesting, now I have to go for a drive.

3. "Start-off assist" which is a derivative of the AMG Race Start feature for the non-AMG vehicles. Search for it as a keyword in the Operator's Manual on the Comand system and it will list the necessary steps.

http://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/cars..._48.shtml:ID_ea4fa9ac0c9fd69d35477e680b380b38

Start-off assist enables optimum acceleration from a standstill. For this, a suitably high-grip road surface is required; the tyres and vehicle must also be in good condition. Do not activate start-off assist on public roads.
Activating start-off assist
Deactivate ESP.
Turn the steering wheel to the straight-ahead position.
Depress the brake pedal hard with your left foot and keep it depressed.
Shift the transmission to position D.
Use the DYNAMIC SELECT button to select the S (sic Sport) drive program more.
Quickly depress the accelerator pedal fully.
Take your foot off the brake, but keep the accelerator pedal depressed.
The vehicle pulls away at maximum acceleration.

Edit [Grin widely]

Activate ESP® as soon as the acceleration process has ended.
ESP® will otherwise not be able to stabilise the vehicle if the vehicle starts to skid or a wheel starts to spin.

Cancelling start-off assist
Remove your foot from the accelerator pedal.
Reactivate ESP®.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Start-off assist enables optimum acceleration from a standstill. For this, a suitably high-grip road surface is required; the tyres and vehicle must also be in good condition. Do not activate start-off assist on public roads.
Activating start-off assist
Deactivate ESP.
Turn the steering wheel to the straight-ahead position.
Depress the brake pedal hard with your left foot and keep it depressed.
Shift the transmission to position D.
Use the DYNAMIC SELECT button to select the S (sic Sport) drive program more.
Quickly depress the accelerator pedal fully.
Take your foot off the brake, but keep the accelerator pedal depressed
The vehicle pulls away at maximum acceleration.

I think you can do this in any mode (except E) (with or without ESP).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just noticed, without garmin card, the navigation display at the speed dail work with waze

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
Question:

I have both Android Auto and Carplay, however I've not used Android Auto, because I have an iPhone at this very moment.

When I use CarPlay with my car, any information on the dashboard behind the steering wheel is disabled, whether it's Navigation or Music and all I get is text that says something along the lines of 'Carplay active'

But on your screenshot, with Android Auto (since you're using Waze), it integrates on the dashboard too and you can see the directions there?
Is this accurate or am I missing something for anyone else who has witnessed this?

are you sure the garmin card has any relevance here?

What year/model is your car if I may ask?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Question:

I have both Android Auto and Carplay, however I've not used Android Auto, because I have an iPhone at this very moment.

When I use CarPlay with my car, any information on the dashboard behind the steering wheel is disabled, whether it's Navigation or Music and all I get is text that says something along the lines of 'Carplay active'

But on your screenshot, with Android Auto (since you're using Waze), it integrates on the dashboard too and you can see the directions there?
Is this accurate or am I missing something for anyone else who has witnessed this?

No. just like CarPlay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Question:

No. just like CarPlay.
Then how is the screenshot showing navigation details on the instrument cluster screen when using Waze? Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Question:

No. just like CarPlay.
Then how is the screenshot showing navigation details on the instrument cluster screen when using Waze? Am I missing something here?
Oups.. you are right..

From what i remember on mine, it doesn't work with the center display. Maybe it work with Waze but not Google Maps.. I will try later.

261 - 280 of 317 Posts