Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share what you've discovered.

Like the HOLD feature, just press the brake farther than you usually do on a stop and the word HOLD appears on the instrument cluster and you can remove your feet from the brake pedal and the car won't move until you step on the accelerator.

While on HOLD feature and you turn off the engine and remove the keys, the shifter automatically goes to PARK and the parking brakes activates.

If you have the nav option and you are low on gas, it automatically asks you if you want to find the nearest gas station in your area and it directs you there.

When you use the turn signal (blinkers) and the headlights are off, the DRL led's turn off on which ever side the blinkers are on. But when the headlights are on, none of the DRL led's turn off when you put the turn signals on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Today I learned that if you open the driver's door, the car automatically shifts to park.

I was coming home, driving down the alley at about 5-10mph and one of the neighbor kids left a ball in the alley. Being the good neighbor I am, I figured I'd grab it as I rolled slowly past. So I pulled alongside, opened my door - and it felt like I hit a brick wall. The car lurched to a stop (chirping the tires) and I got thrown into the steering wheel, honking the horn.

So, don't open your door if the car is moving. At all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discovered the door open park deal....kind of thought it was dangerous.

The HOLD deal...I discovered last Friday while headed out to dinner with my wife. LOVE that feature.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have the pressed the right button for the exterior mirrors selected when you have the car on reverse, the right exterior mirror will tilt down.

Heated seats automatically lower until it turns off as times goes on, it doesn't stay on the whole time.

In the instrument cluster and go to the drivers setting, you can set up the alarm to beep once when you lock it.

I believe you can also set-up your key fob to open just the driver side door or all doors.

There's a pen holder on the glove compartment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have the pressed the right button for the exterior mirrors selected when you have the car on reverse, the right exterior mirror will tilt down.

Heated seats automatically lower until it turns off as times goes on, it doesn't stay on the whole time.

In the instrument cluster and go to the drivers setting, you can set up the alarm to beep once when you lock it.

I believe you can also set-up your key fob to open just the driver side door or all doors.

There's a pen holder on the glove compartment.

Just tried the mirror trick.. Doesn't work on my GLA250. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
817 Posts
I did not discover this little feature (another forum member did), but I thought it was rather cool idea…the magnetic seat belt holder built into the passenger seat>>>

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's an awesome feature and has become a pet peeve of mine when the belt isn't magnetized to the seat. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup, reverse mirror tilt does work!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can't believe how genius that reverse mirror trick is...wow!! I'm impressed.

A few things ive noticed...

-Panoramic sunroof auto closes when it detects rain
-first aid kit in trunk
-slide out cupholders in rear middle armrest
-additional 12v charger in back slide-out of center console

·
Registered
470 Posts
When the Start-Stop function is activated along with the air-condition, during a stop when the engine turns off, the air stops being cold and the air-conditioning only becomes a fan.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice! Great tip for those who change their own oil.

·
Registered
23 Posts
- Rear view mirror and side mirrors go a tinted green colour when strong sunlight or headlights shine on them (look carefully at the top-centre of the rear view mirror, and I believe you can see the sensor)
- Intelligent headlights really get intelligent in dark control roads, lifting higher / to the sides when no other cars around. Wasn't expecting that to be so cool (needs to be really dark though).
- Touch & hold door handle to close all windows and sun-roof (with key in your pocket -- 2015 GLA keyless-go)
- Closing the boot via the rocker switch on the drivers door (push opposite way from opening), so that you don't have to press the button on the tailgate.
- Distronic (adaptive radar) cruise control thinks every other car on the road is a GLA (when it shows a pic of another car approaching in the dash display of how close another car is, when you're adjusting your speed or distance to the next vehicle -- the icon is always a GLA)
- Hazard lights automatically flash in emergency breaking situations (ahem).
- From memory, the Comand system has different bass/treble settings between say Radio / DAB / Music Register. So you can set them to your taste.
-and of course, the free hug you get every time you start... Stronger hugs if you put the seat-belt on AFTER you've started the GLA.

I love the tips posted by others (such as the seat belt magnet), and also the announcing volume adjustment (turn the volume up/down on the steering wheel during an announcement). Loved the idea from another thread about putting in speed camera announcements as a POI file on an SD card. Sounds like an aircraft 'announcement chime' every-time I approach a known camera now :).

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can remotley open and close the windows and the sunroof from the key (depends on GLA version - KeylessGO or Exclusive and AMGExclusive packets)

·
Registered
23 Posts
- Rear view mirror and side mirrors go a tinted green colour when strong sunlight or headlights shine on them (look carefully at the top-centre of the rear view mirror, and I believe you can see the sensor)
- Intelligent headlights really get intelligent in dark control roads, lifting higher / to the sides when no other cars around. Wasn't expecting that to be so cool (needs to be really dark though).
- Touch & hold door handle to close all windows and sun-roof (with key in your pocket -- 2015 GLA keyless-go)
- Closing the boot via the rocker switch on the drivers door (push opposite way from opening), so that you don't have to press the button on the tailgate.
- Distronic (adaptive radar) cruise control thinks every other car on the road is a GLA (when it shows a pic of another car approaching in the dash display of how close another car is, when you're adjusting your speed or distance to the next vehicle -- the icon is always a GLA)
- Hazard lights automatically flash in emergency breaking situations (ahem).
- From memory, the Comand system has different bass/treble settings between say Radio / DAB / Music Register. So you can set them to your taste.
-and of course, the free hug you get every time you start... Stronger hugs if you put the seat-belt on AFTER you've started the GLA.

I love the tips posted by others (such as the seat belt magnet), and also the announcing volume adjustment (turn the volume up/down on the steering wheel during an announcement). Loved the idea from another thread about putting in speed camera announcements as a POI file on an SD card. Sounds like an aircraft 'announcement chime' every-time I approach a known camera now :).
Hey beyond, do you know if these features are present in GLA 250 2015 (specially intelligent headlights)?

1 - 20 of 311 Posts