Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my front windows tinted to match the rear windows by a local shop. Only took about an hour and a half and the difference is significant. I'm very happy that I decided to tint the front as I think it makes the car look a bit cleaner and it definitely helps cut down on the heat coming into the vehicle...not to mention that the additional plastic on the windows can't hurt in case someone decides to try and break through the glass... :)

A before and a couple after pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy who installed my remote starter will do this for $80. I just haven't decided yet. Thanks for the pics.
$80 seems like a pretty good price. The shops around my area were all North of $100. Mine was $120 which was about $30 off the going rate at some of the other places I looked. If you do end up going for the tint please post some pics. :)

As for your remote starter, was that tied to a new alarm system or was it a post-purchase OEM installation?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks much! I am pretty happy with how it turned out. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
$80 seems like a pretty good price. The shops around my area were all North of $100. Mine was $120 which was about $30 off the going rate at some of the other places I looked. If you do end up going for the tint please post some pics. :)

As for your remote starter, was that tied to a new alarm system or was it a post-purchase OEM installation?
It was the Mid City Engineering remote starter with a Drone Mobile smartphone module. $950 installed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey @HumblePie,
Where did you end up getting your tint done? I work in the Redmond area and will be looking to have this for my 45 when it gets in. Any complaints or tips for me?

- Craig

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@CorithMalin, I went to Midnight Windows Tinting. they did an excellent job and were very accommodating but I think if I were to do it again, I might visit a few different places and compare the products they have. The factory tint is a slightly different shade than the new tint (rear is brown vs front being very slightly green). The difference is really not noticeable but if you shop around you may be able to find a tint that more closely matches the factory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Probably the first mod that I will do is the tint. I never could stand the inconsistent look of an untinted front window and the factory tinted rears. In Massachusetts we are limited to a 35% tint, so I doubt it will actually "match" but it will look better nonetheless. Are all factory tints on the warm side? And yes... that was a great price, but then you did spend nearly a grand on the remote... they're gonna treat you nice LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts