Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been calling around getting tint quotes for my GLA 45 and one guy warned me that he has had problem with scratches in the past on MB vehicles due to weatherstripping. I did a quick google search and haven't found anything on recent models.

Anyone have problem with the weatherstripping scratching tint on your GLA?

·
Registered
140 Posts
My wife has had 4 previous MBs and now has a new C class and I have a 45AMG, I've always had the dealer install the tint and never had a problem. Even had my dogs with their paws up on the windows and no scratches from their nails (not recommended). Down here in Texas window tint is almost a necessity so I've had it on cars for a long time with no problems. I will tell you there are lots of different quality tint films so make sure you get a high quality one. A good quality film will not change color, bubble or peel off. I used to have it done from an independent tint installer but for the last 20 years have had the dealer install it. Only had my 45AMG for 2 months but based on my experience on other cars I don't think I'll have a problem. If I do I'll just take it back to the dealer and have him fix it. For your info a good quality tint film and a quality installer (very important) should cost probably $250-350. On my last 4 cars the dealer threw it in but valued it at $250 when we were negotiating.

·
Registered
816 Posts
About 8 months ago I had the windows on the GLA45 tinted with 3M Optima Color Stable window film…absolutely no problem and no signs of weatherstripping scratching the tint. Also, I have owned a 'few' MB vehicles, all of which had window tinting done, and no problems including no scratching by the weatherstripping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts