Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Chris Brown!

Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure about the official Mercedes-Benz roof racks but I have a set of Thule WingBar Edge for my GLA.

In terms of quality they are sturdy and all the mechanisms have been fine. I've made 3 trips to the snow this year with a few overnights and nothing has jammed or frozen over.

I can confirm that if you space the bars out properly you can open your pano both tilt and full open. When I have my snowboard clamps and snowboards on the roof I can't full open as the window goes up too high unless I take off the bindings from the upside down set.

I'll be heading up to the snow again this coming weekend and can take some newer photos of the pano open and tilted for you. But for now I've attached the few photos I have of my car with the roof bars on.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey cute-ute,

Installed them myself. You just need to get the right fitting kit with the right set of WingBar Edge. Part numbers are below for the silver, black has different part numbers.

Foot Pack RT 9594 (includes bars)
Fit Kit 4049

That WingBar kit has a small and medium bar. I'll confirm which one goes on the front and which goes on the rear when I put my bars on again in 2 days time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Apologies for the delay in these photos.

If you mount the Thule bars in the correct locations you can tilt and open the sunroof.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.