Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, next week I will be getting a used 2016 GLA 250 that was built on November 2015. Unfortunately from reading through these forums it looks like the NTG5.0 that my Benz will come with does not support CarPlay upgrade since it does not have the multimedia package and wasn’t built after 12/1/20015.

I really want CarPlay on my car since I am deep in the trenches within the apple ecosystem. I have been doing some research and my options seem to be:

Get one of those 10.5 android screens which then I can get a CarPlay usb dongle for.

OR

Get one of these retrofit kits that I found on the below site. This kit allows for me to keep the existing ntg5.0 system and retrofit the wireless CarPlay functionality.

I think I would prefer the wireless kit since I want to use a QI wireless charge and not have to worry about plugging in my phone. I have not seen any posts on this forum regarding this kit. Has anyone had any experience with this one?

joyeauto.com/product/mercedes-c-glc-ntg5-wireless-apple-carplay-retrofit/#tab-description

youtu.be/PCjUBVOeXFg

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum and congratulations on your upcoming acquisition. Good for you — already reviewed the extensive discussion in our archives, no need to re-plow the same ground. I’m not familiar with the approach you are asking about, I don’t recall it coming up here, or perhaps I’ve overlooked it. Hopefully one of our more tech savvy members will provide some input.

Might I suggest, since we are an international forum with a variety of GLA derivatives, that you add location, GLA model and year to your member profile? It will then display under your user name each time you post and be a good reference for others to respond.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the GLA forum and congratulations on your upcoming acquisition. Good for you — already reviewed the extensive discussion in our archives, no need to re-plow the same ground. I’m not familiar with the approach you are asking about, I don’t recall it coming up here, or perhaps I’ve overlooked it. Hopefully one of our more tech savvy members will provide some input.

Might I suggest, since we are an international forum with a variety of GLA derivatives, that you add location, GLA model and year to your member profile? It will then display under your user name each time you post and be a good reference for others to respond.
Thanks for the kind welcome.

I hope someone can comment on it also. From the YouTube video installation it looks like the product just came out within the last year so no surprise I didn’t find any reviews in the forums for it. I think I will go ahead and buy it report back just in case others are interest also.

I did update my profile ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts