Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

In Sydney the past few weeks coming into Winter the Bush Fire Brigades have been doing some back burning and there is very little breeze to blow the smoke away as a result there are days when there is a thick blanket of smoke over the suburbs. As an aside my wife was in intensive care for a few days due to smoke inhalation and there have been an elevated level of people actually dying !

Today the hazy visible was down to 400m and no visiblilty at 2km mark. The smoke was thick and getting into houses and cars etc.

So my question is according to the manual;

"THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control: air-recirculation mode is activated automatically at high outside temperatures, at high levels of pollution. When air-recirculation mode is activated automatically, the indicator lamp in the button is not lit. Outside air is added after about 30 minutes.

I really don't think this works. I have option 581 - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL but is that the same as
THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control ??

The indicator lamp is NOT turned on - how lame is that ?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bride, hope she is recovering! My US version has option 581, but I'm not sure Thermotronic is an American feature. I don't see it addressed in my printed operator's manual. That said, if conditions are bad, can't you simply switch to the internal air recirculation, going back to outside air off and on for a refresh?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Turbo, yes she is gaining strength each, it was quite serious.

I was looking for a way to keep recirculation on as I kept turning it on every time I started up, my old car was default on recirculation, then I read it was automatic and I thought that's cool and today I thought would be a good test of the auto activation.

Certainly if I had the design blueprint I would be activating the light when/if automatically activated.

·
Registered
442 Posts
According to this Pdf doc, 581 is Thermotronic Automatic Climate Control, but not sure if it works. Never had a chance to take it out during a dust storm over here in Arizona.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Oh my...sorry to hear about your wife and hope for a speedy recovery!

Unless "Thermotronic" is a later option on US spec GLAs, this is what we get here (appears to be temperature based and not air quality):

Air-recirculation mode is activated automatically at high outside temperatures. When air-recirculation mode is activated automatically, the indicator lamp in the e button is not lit. Outside air is added after about 30 minutes.
>To deactivate: press the e button. The indicator lamp in the e button goes out.

Air-recirculation mode deactivates automatically:

(1) after approximately five minutes at out- side temperatures below approximately 41 ‡ (5 †)
(2) after approximately five minutes if the "Cooling with air dehumidification" function is deactivated
(3) after approximately 30 minutes at out- side temperatures above approximately 41 ‡ (5 †) if the "Cooling with air dehumidification" function is activated

Reactions: Gary Carter

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I suppose it’s a hard case to test without driving through some thick smoke.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my husband and I had a similar situation. About a year ago, we bought an air conditioner and thought we knew how to use it. But after a while, we noticed that it became weaker to work and periodically it lit up a blue light bulb. My husband tried to figure it out himself, but he didn't understand what it was about. Then my husband invited his brother to visit us, so that he looked at the air conditioner, but his brother said that it is better not to climb there ourselves, or we can break something. He advised us https://www.socool.sg/, said that his boss was there fixing his air conditioner. Well, we turned to the guys from the service and it turned out that the blowout function was out of order. Therefore, it is better to contact the service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts