Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just massive.. If you wanted a big SUV, just get the GLC.. The new design lost the hips, gained height.. The best thing about the previous GLA body was that the wheel base and height were not that big, it was more like a crossover (even though I cringe a bit about that classification) ... now its just another SUV :confused: (I do like the tail lights on the new model better though..)

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
50 Posts
Definitely agree. I like the 2015 GLA with AMG line body because it's like a crossover hot hatch, with a bit more room inside. The newer models are just small SUVs and not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The moment I first saw the new GLA I thought “It looks like someone tossed a grenade into a GLA and shut the door”.

stage1 tuming the new 45 is over 500 HP though. Problem is the car is a tank and probably bodyrolls like a GLC to boot.

·
Super Moderator
922 Posts
All "hot hatches" body roll to some degree, including the Porsche Macan. Difficult to avoid when a vehicle is SUV-raised, as most all are these days. At least Benz is resisting the trend by continuing to provide some sedans/coupes, many others dropping them completely.

Although I admire the 2020+ Comand wide-low display system, over prior "stuck on tablet", they lost me too when moving from CUV to SUV form and now even larger.

btw: Ironically with current high worldwide gasoline prices many are, again, looking for smaller more fuel efficient vehicles. We, esp. in the USA, never seem to learn to only purchase what we need. 🤷‍♂️
The moment I first saw the new GLA I thought “It looks like someone tossed a grenade into a GLA and shut the door”.

stage1 tuming the new 45 is over 500 HP though. Problem is the car is a tank and probably bodyrolls like a GLC to boot.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
In case you were pondering where the $35K went while your car took the detour thru Aufrecht,
I shot these this morning at the park

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

Cloud Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Sky

Mebbe let the 250 folk see that there is a difference

·
Registered
20 Posts
San Jose 2020+ 45?

gonna bring it to the track with us sometime soon?
Sheeshh I’d love to, unfortunately it’s my daily. If I were to however I’d definitely do a few things to it, smaller sidewall,downsize to 18” wheel , maybe an engine mount, downpipe, lowering springs and I haven’t seen any of these online other than the wheel size of course and downpipe but needs a tune and I dont know if I’m ready to add a tune to the car. What car are you tracking?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Dude. You don’t need to do a single thing to your car, including street tires. We’re not doing time trials, just trying to have the most fun with the car “as-is”. MAYBE put 200 TW tires on it for a year if you care. Your car is GTG today. for sure. Just have a brake flush and hit the track!

I drive a 2015 45. I’m the definition of the guy driving a fast car slow. But it’s just good fun. It’s my daily driver. That’s what the insurance is for. I only hit the tire wall once so far. 👍 (Joke)

if I knew in 2002 what I know today i’d have been hitting Laguna in my 2001 Civic HX @ 114 HP and econobox MT gearing with nothing more than the miata race tires I had once (which were $40 a pop back in the day :( )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dude. You don’t need to do a single thing to your car, including street tires. We’re not doing time trials, just trying to have the most fun with the car “as-is”. MAYBE put 200 TW tires on it for a year if you care. Your car is GTG today. for sure. Just have a brake flush and hit the track!

I drive a 2015 45. I’m the definition of the guy driving a fast car slow. But it’s just good fun. It’s my daily driver. That’s what the insurance is for. I only hit the tire wall once so far. 👍 (Joke)

if I knew in 2002 what I know today i’d have been hitting Laguna in my 2001 Civic HX @ 114 HP and econobox MT gearing with nothing more than the miata race tires I had once (which were $40 a pop back in the day :( )
You are right, I’m so used to modding cars for drag or track. My previous car before this was a 10th gen Civic SI coupe and managed to build it for both drag and track. Ended up bringing it up to 310 whp 280wtq from 200whp 180wtq definitely miss that car just needed more space for my little one and a coupe wasn’t gonna cut it 😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts