Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here then is a place for those of us who are ordering a 16 to share information, spread vile rumors, or blow off steam while awaiting our new toy.

I don't think this forum has enough traffic to warrant a separate AMG thread and I think for the purposes of this thread which car you have on order is not important so feel free to jump in regardless of what you have on order.

Enjoy gents.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So, I called another dealer and you were right, they too confirmed that we can't order any '15's and pricing for '16's isn't out yet. I'm calling my dealer tomorrow (who I left a deposit with) for a serious conversation!

Isn't it absolutely ridiculous that a paying customer with cash in hand can't order a GLA45 AT ALL right now??? What's wrong with you, Mercedes???? I wonder if that is true for all Mercedes models right now?

Anyway, you said we could blow off some steam and there is the first whistle......

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... I just got off the phone with the dealer again. It would seem there is no set configuration or pricing for the GLA 45 in the US and they cannot take orders yet. They are willing to take orders on the 250 though, so you folks might want to get a jump on it if you're picking one up. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's insane my dealer was willing to give me the spec i wanted at the price i wanted for a '16 GLA45...I have a feeling I will be waiting a long, long time.
Thankfully, there is this thread.

I'll let everyone know if I get any different / additional information tomorrow.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm told the AMG variants usually run a little behind on ordering availability, right now its a waiting game and the word I get is to expect a Novemberish delivery for an early GLA 45 ordered at the opening gun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ouch I say!! (as a WRX STi commerical comes on the television)...
November is a long time away!!!

Good to know, though. Thanks, crabman.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not that will make you feel any better over the wait time on ordering and then receiving a GLA45….but AMG only produces so many AMG hand build engines so there is a longer wait time for those cars. I ordered my GLA45 in November, 2014 and received it in April, 2015.

Also, only 6% of MB cars bound for the US are AMG variants.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Uggh...No, that does not make me feel any better, but it does help keep it realistic. And I'd rather that than a fairy tale.

Now I'm on the fence...Do I wait for an unknown period to be able to place an order for a car with an unknown wait period at a known ridiculously low price?
Or, should I go with a 2015 car that they found for me in another state that has the exact same spec but is $2,500 more because it has park assist and adaptive cruise control?

What would you guys do? (by the way, I don't like waiting).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AMG had confirmed both the CLA and GLA will get the power and other upgrades sooner rather than later. Some are guessing this may be the cause of the later than expected launch of the 16s and the reason for no complete change list being available. I'm waiting. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trust me, once you try ACC it's like the day you lose your virginity. You know you are never going to want go back to the way it was before.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I don't have ACC in my GLA, actually haven't driven any passenger car with that option. BUT, doing engineering tests on steering systems I have driven a Navistar Pro-Star class 8 truck with adaptive cruise. Found it annoying as ****. Started deceleration way too soon on the interstate. This made it difficult to pull into left lane to pass in heavy traffic. Of course an 80K GVWR truck doesn't accelerate like a GLA either.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
My 2016 FWD GLA250 was "ordered" in mid-June, in the sense that I made a large deposit for a very customized list of packages and equipment. No pricing was available, nor could the actual itemized order be submitted yet. Initial guess was October delivery in Hawaii, but two weeks later I was advised it would be November. As of 30 June, still no pricing other than what's in the Dealer Ordering Guide for packages and options, though it was suggested to factor in a 5% price increase on the current GLA250 base model, probably high, but notionally the worst case increase. Hoping to soon hear the order is firmed up and in the queue, but at least I believe I have a place in the production line in October sometime. In the meantime, I'm having a ball Googling GLA news each day as well as coming to this forum for any rumors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm in the general same boat, Turbo. Except my deposit was small and I did get written notice with signature from the general manager on my cost for the '16 with the equipment/options I want. We're still rolling dice, but we should come out fine.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking at the way the A45 options out in 16 it looks like IF we get the updates we may have several new packages when we place our order. For instance the locking front diff is part of a package on that car and it would be no surprise to see it so with the GLA as well. That would imply we could easily sink another 5k into the 16s getting all the go fast if they indeed will come with it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More research on the A45 and the changes coming our way... On the AMG site they say the power was increased by changing the tune and a new exhaust camshaft. Elsewhere I have read that the downpipe may be modified. The AMG ride control is the new option that provides the adaptive suspension and also adds a race mode and two different steering configurations. The suspension has two modes, sport and comfort with both being per wheel, continuously adaptive, and drive style dependent. Dynamic select will be the default option for controlling the engine response, transmission shift time, etc. Pony up for the Dynamic plus and you still have the Dynamic Select and you get the locking front diff, AMG ride control, and interestingly, the sports steering wheel is part of the package. The DCT has shorter 3rd through 7th gears and completely revised shift programming which had to happen with the switch to Dynamic select.

So thats the major performance options and the way they have them packaged on the 16 A45. Interesting stuff for not so patiently waiting buyers.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just realized something, doesn't the COMAND system in the 16 A45 support mirrorcast and whatever apple calls their car stuff? Wonder if we're getting that...

1 - 20 of 294 Posts